1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2013 NFL Combine thread

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

Milliner just blew up the stop watch. Have fun in Detroit.

2. HeadCase

HeadCase dazed and confused

Ron Rivera confirms Panthers looking for receiver help - Yahoo! Sports

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

4. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Players that looked good on Monday at Combine at DT

3. Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida: Floyd showed today that the hype surrounding him as a potential top ten pick is fair and justified. According to one scout we spoke to Floyd was “awesome” in drills today displaying the athleticism and explosiveness that are so rare in 300+ pound defensive tackles. His ability to move with such remarkable grace and bend his knees to maintain base during workout was incredible. Overall, after today’s workout, Floyd has pretty much assured himself of being one of the first ten players drafted in April.

10. Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri: In a fierce battle with Sharif Floyd to be the top defensive tackle in the Draft, Richardson put his best foot forward today. NFL sources told us that Richardson displayed outstanding athleticism for a DT today and was so nimble/agile that he looked like a running back during parts of the drills. In addition to being smooth and fluid, he was explosive displaying the hip snap and burst that elite NFL defensive lineman have. While today’s workout was extremely impressive, sources tell us that his interviews have been even better. He has come across as smart, passionate and intense during when meeting with teams.

11. Akeem Spence, DT, Illinois: Although Spence is not viewed as a likely first round pick; Spence showed he has what it takes to become a productive starter during today’s workout. Extremely smooth, Spence’s ability to maintain knee bend and positioning during drills showed of his natural flexibility. His display proved he can produce playing defensive tackle in a 43 defense and defensive end in a 34 scheme.

5. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

I really like what Robert Woods did at the combine. Looked so fluid and natural. WR may not be the glaring need but id love to get him in round 2.

Other guys that looked fluid were Floyd at DT, Sio Moore LB and the honey badger. I know he has his issues and shit but man, he looks so damn natural turning his hips and locating the ball. After just missing out on Jenkins last year id really love to get this kid. A year out of football and he still looked like the best playmaker out of all the DB's.

But plenty of other talent available at CR too. Rhodes looked great and could really be a potential target at 14, Trufant too. Elam looked great also. And my boy Shaun Williams quietly put up and an awesome 40 and bench.

Thought Vicarro would have had a better 40, not sure about him at 14 with decent 2nd round talent available at safety. But the thought of him and Keek laying down tackles for the next 10 years sounds peachy. Im just not sure where were gonna play Godfrey next year, are we looking for a FS or SS? And I think Viccaros game is more run based and what we need is a ball hawk. Rambo I think would be a better fit.

Really wish we'd have seen Star and Rambo work out.

Boy, a Floyd/Elam combination to build around Keek would be friggen sweet.

Maybe Viccaro falls after the 4.6

6. finleye

finleye como say what?

im turning this into a pro day thread...Clemson has a pretty good crop, as usual

Pro-Day Workouts: Week of March 4th

Clemson

Compared to previous years the Clemson workout today did not have the usual huge crowd. Here are the results:

DeAndre Hopkins/WR: Was timed as fast as the low 4.4’s on a number of watches but was later given an “official” time of 4.52. Except for two drops late in the session his pass catching workout was described as “dazzling”.

Malliciah Goodman/DL: Tipped the scale at 273lbs then ran times of 4.7s/4.65s in the forty. Posted marks of 33-inches in the vertical jump and 9′9” in the broad.

Brandon Ford/TE: Weighed in at 245lbs, timed 4.72 in the forty and completed 17-reps on the bench.

Jonathan Meeks/S: Timed 4.46s in the forty, completed 23-reps on the bench, posted marks of 33.5-inches in the vertical jump and 9′ 7” in the broad. Also weighed in at 209-pounds. Meeks has been a favorite of mine but people think he’s just very raw and makes too many mental errors.

Jaron Brown/WR: Had the workout of the day. Timed 4.40s in the forty, posted a 35.5-inch vertical jump, 10′ 4”-broad jump and completed 17-reps on the bench. Turned in a sensational pass catching workout. As one coach told me, “he was overshadowed by the other two guys but he’s going to play in the NFL.”

7. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

Clemson wide receiver DeAndre "Nuk" Hopkins is working out for Panthers receives coach Ricky Proehl today

Ravens insider tweet

8. Shameless

Shameless Banned Member

9. Shameless

Shameless Banned Member

Another USC wr? No thanks

10. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Hooray for inductive reasoning