1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2013 Panthers draft thread..

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

This is true....

But also, it's terribly intriguing thinking of Austin in the slot with Smitty flanking his left...with the read option freezing the defense, getting AUstin into space could just pay beautiful dividends.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

It's also worth noting that Steve is an amazing run blocker for a small guy. Austin can't run block for shit, so if he's on the field you better be passing.

3. Purrsy

Really, I think most of me agrees with you.

However, I do prefer super quick than super fast. But he's got speed too. Be honest - are you in the least bit intrigued as I am?

Have I tripped and fell into the punch bowl?

4. Toll Booth Willie

Toll Booth Willie Welcome to Wusta!

I'm listening to WFNZ's mock draft now. Austin went 6th to Cleveland, who is admittedly starved for offensive talent. El Oh El.

5. Purrsy

He's a scrappy and willing run blocker, but the word amazing has never crossed my mind when I think of Smitty and run blocking.

6. Toll Booth Willie

Toll Booth Willie Welcome to Wusta!

I think he's a good player if you put him in the right role. 14 is too high for the role he would play though. If there was a chance he was available in the second round I'd be all about it.

7. Purrsy

I ab-so-fucking-lutely guarantee you, some mighty fine GMs and coaches are looking to trade up near where we are to get Tavon Austin. This kid is blue chip.

Fml, I'm pimping Tavon Austin.

8. finleye

finleye como say what?

- A lot of people I’ve spoken with feel there could be a good number of trades during the middle portion of round one. Speculatively I think the New York Jets could be in the drivers seat with the 13th pick. Consider the players likely available (Sheldon Richardson? Tavon Austin?) plus the fact the Carolina Panthers own the 14th choice.

NFL Draft Insider News & Notes: April 23rd

- Last week we reported it looked very unlikely DJ Fluker/Alabama would make it out of the top half of round one. That was further confirmed today after sources told me the Tennessee Titans and San Diego Chargers, who own the 10th and 11th picks respectively, are both considering Fluker. At first glance Fluker-to-Tennessee seems a bit odd as their offensive line is in need of a guard. But sources tell me the Titans view Fluker as a day one starter at the guard position.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6989

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  9. Collin

Collin soap and water

They really aren't, people just aren't familiar with Josh Gordon. They got him in the supplemental draft for a second round pick, but he'd probably go top 10 if he was in this draft. He's 6'3" 220 with 4.4 speed. He's going to explode next season in Chud's offense, so target him in your fantasy drafts. They also have Greg Little as a possession receiver and I'm very high on Trent Richardson. Jordan Camerson is an interesting tight end as well.

10. PaulPaladin

PaulPaladin Full Access Member

At 1:55 and 2:33 in this highlight reel he shows enough to run through a couple sloppy arm tackles. And he speed and quickness are elite. Reminds me more of DeSean Jackson than the comparison to Percy Harvin. I'm with Purrsy. I wouldn't really want us to take him, but if that's what happens I'm ok with it. Watch him walk away from Kenny Vaccaro (#4) at 3:30

YouTube

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013