1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2015 Draft

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PantherPaul, Apr 29, 2015.

1. willie

willie Full Access Member

5 Picks

Maybe this was discussed....anyway, from D. Newton, FWIW....

One of the reasons the Panthers traded to go from nine to five picks was because they didn't want to have to cut players selected in the lower rounds of an overall weak draft. That likely would have happened. Not only do I think the five draft picks will be on the roster, I believe they'll each make a contribution as an every-down player or on special teams.

Panthers mailbag: Tough cuts that may come at WR and RB? - Carolina Panthers Blog - ESPN

2. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

He will probably be an early cut, but I`d be curious to see what Byrd, the SC kid, could do if given the chance.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

Keep in mind that David Newton is an idiot who justified the Shaq Thompson pick by claiming that he's a pass rusher.

4. rake

rake Need one of these

Heard it here first -

Damiere Byrd will make the most significant immediate impact of all 2015 Panther acquisitions. Ever since my daughter got her degree at SC I've watched most of their games (been to several) and have even somehow become a fan of the ol' ball coach. He has lacked the "fire in the belly" at times but maybe getting completely dissed by 31 other teams will drop a big chip on his shoulder. I'm not saying he will be Smitty the 2nd, but i am predicting that he will shine as a return man and make some momentum changing plays in the slot. .. and not just in preseason. His raw speed and knack for making big plays can't be taught and given enough returns and targets he could win the unofficial UFAROY.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  5. Collin

Collin soap and water

That is the first I've heard of it.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

I just finished my Jameis Winston video review and write-up. I smile every time I think about Tampa Bay spending the first overall pick on that dumbass. Even if he didn't have the off the field stuff, he wouldn't come close to being worthy of that spot.

7. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

I love the Peyton Manning comparisons.

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

It's mind-boggling. In preparation for the draft column I've watched four games for the two quarterbacks and I have no idea why anyone would say that Winston is more pro-ready. He's the one who stares down receivers and can't read defenses, whereas Mariota makes quick and accurate decisions. It's just funny to me that people dismiss Mariota as a system quarterback when Jimbo Fisher made Jameis look so much better than he actually is. From what I charted, over eighty percent of Winston's pass attempts were to his primary read.

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

Here's my write-up:

10. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

I think Mariota will be a very good player. I don't get why NFL people are still so anti-spread offense, since most of the pro game is spread out now anyway (it's amazing watching an NFL game from 2014 compared to one from 2003 or earlier). To them, I think it's still more about having a guy who looks more "traditional". People don't like things that are a little different, if they're much better.

Last edited: May 31, 2015