1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

#40 2012 - Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern Monkeyfucking State Junior College

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PaulPaladin, Apr 26, 2012.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Agreed. Not that I'm thrilled at DT but we really need help at CB

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

I would not consider Boykin a potential starting corner, he's more of a guy who would be great in nickel/dime and take some snaps on the outside while being a big help in the return game. I wish corner was deeper because it's clearly a HUGE need, but there just aren't any guys even close to being worthy of #40. If the team chooses to reach on someone because they feel like they have to take a corner, then so be it, but with Dennard punching his way out of the picture I'm worried that no one left will be adequate. Most of the remaining corners are third round talents, but the team doesn't have a third round pick.

Who knows, but right now I'm following your lead and expecting the Panthers to go with Cordy Glenn if he's still there.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

Reuben Randle would be an interesting choice. Hill as height and speed, but not much else.

4. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

Fuck it, take Upshaw if he manages to stay around that long. There are bigger needs/better fits but nobody really worth #40.

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

Upshaw is a tremendous player who should not have last this long, but they absolutely cannot take another LB.

6. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

Play him at defensive end.

7. The Cat

The Cat Full Access Member

Hurney has not drafted well in this round when a high value position falls into his lap.
    For that reason I was hoping we would get Zeitler or Smith and go low value but some bastards already picked them.

All the CBs that the Panthers brought in were over 6' for what it's worth.

8. Jaz

Jaz Full Access Member

Yeah lets not kid ourselves. We shouldn't expect anything but for the #40 pick to be cut in two years. Not to be a douche and kill the excitement but lets take a look

Jimmy Clausen, Everette Brown, Sherrod Martin, Dwayne Jarrett, Ryan Kalil, Richard Marshall, Eric Shelton, Keary Colbert, Bruce Nelson.

I mean jesus. Kalil has been a stud but everyone else is miserable. We got some nice years from Marshall and Martin hasn't really progressed at all.

That being said there is an opportunity to take someone that will contribute. I imagine them going OL mostly because its a position that is least likely to bust completely and there will be some good value.
    Watching Hurney draft though I expect they have someone targeted that none of us will think of.

9. Jaz

Jaz Full Access Member

Baltimore at 35 is going to take Upshaw.

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

Maybe, but they really need someone inside rather than outside. Seems to me like Upshaw would have made more sense for New England and Hightower would have made more sense for Baltimore.