1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Clausen

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

This may sound crazy but I almost wonder if it would be good for Clausen if Smith misses a few games. He knows if he does not throw to Smith often enough he is going to hear it. That might make him force it and lock on to Smith. Nobody else on the team has the stroke to bully the QB. That way Clausen can just try to find the open guy. Granted none of those guys are going to be able make the plays Smith can.

BTW, I still think Gettis is the best WR we drafted this year.

2. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

I think he was a bit nervous VERY early, but no, he settled and has impressed me with his calm when being thrown to the wolves to some degree. But on one early snap, his hands were shaking.

3. Parker

Parker Full Access Member

I like what we have in Clausen. From what I can see, he's adjusting fine. If only our Oline could improve a bit.

4. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

fixed

5. Elric

Elric Citizen of the Empire

Clausen is doing fine. On the job training as a QB in the NFL is tough but he looks like he learning and adjusting well to me. The OL isn't a lot of help from what I've seen and i thought that would be one of our strong points.

6. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Son of Anarchy

I'm impressed with Clausen, he's sure not the reason we lost the game.

7. CosmikCatNip

CosmikCatNip of myth and lore

it'd be nice if maybe there's some progress going on there, and just maybe, just maybe they can build on that a bit, and beat what looks like a vulnerable bears team next week with either a woozy cutler or a banged-up back-up.

8. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

I know stats are for losers, but Clausen did end up with a higher qb rating for the the game than Brees did. So our defense did better than expected or Clausen did (or both).

9. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

Both

10. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

All factors considered, there's nothing to hate about Clausen's performance yesterday.

That's about as loud and hostile of an environment as he will see this year. The clock management was a shame, and he needs to quit burning timeouts.

Funny. My brother and I were watching the final drive. On the infamous Deangelo cutback for a loss play, I kept saying, "run off left guard or tackle." They had #28 on the defense pinched in tight, probably to bait Williams into the cutback. A roll of the dice, if that was the case, and it paid off.

Gettis is ballin'. Sucks for Smith, and for the offense, but he was almost getting lost out there. Time to line up some youngsters and see what we can do with it.

If you can hold the defending world champs to one TD (courtesy of a P.I. Call), and a trio of FG's, you're doing good enough to win.

I see teams that, on paper and in reality, are weaker than the Saints on our schedule for Q2. Three out of four are at home. (Chicago, San Fran and New Orleans). We travel to St. Louis in early November.

That would have been a hell of a win yesterday, but I'm no less encouraged by most of what I saw than had we won the game, given the hand we're playing with.