1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Clausen

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Oct 3, 2010.

1. y2b

y2b King of QC

I heard they were having comunication issues in the game between QB & QB coach getting the plays in...

2. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

It's a fucked up way of doing things, really.

Davidson, sitting up in the booth guzzling diet coke, calling plays down to Rip, who then has to call the play into a rookie QB. Wouldn't we attempt to simplify this by allowing Davidson to communicate directly to the rookie?

Nah. Fox has always done it this way, and he always will do it this way, even when he's basking in the glow of "7-9-ness" with the Bills next season.

Fucking stubborn, slow to adjust drunk.

3. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Im actually not that upset smitty is hurt. Fuck it.

CHUCK IT DEEP TO GETTIS!!

FDT!!

I'm balls deep in for clausen. I want to be a fan of a team where every sunday I can look forward to watching the unquestionable top talent on the roster be the quarterback. We've never had that. We've had linemen and linebackers, maybe smitty, stephen davis, we've never had the absolute best player on the roster be the qb. Might as well see if we can have that now.

4. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

After seeing him pull out some strong fourth-quarter rallies in college, and to see the spark he gave us yesterday, I see a lot of potential for good things there. And it’s different that Jake, who didn’t have those kind of tools, but had quick eyes and good instincts in the closing minutes.

Clausen needs to get with his coaches and get this clock management thing worked out. Other than that, I have complete faith in his ability to put the team on his shoulders, when called upon, and win games. He did it yesterday. Our veteran tailback just fucked it up.

He's developing good chemistry with Gettis. Also, I'm a fan of flexing the TE out wide, and utilizing them on slants and in routes. It works.

The pundits all said this would be "a pissed off Saints team", and that "Gregg Williams would destroy the rookie." Well, the Saints played very much like a team that was scared to turn the ball over on offense, and defensively, despite the sacks, Jimmy stood tall to the final bell and threw some of the most sharp passes I have seen from a Panther QB.

Odd. For being 0-4, I'm pretty juiced. Probably because, unlike many pussies around here and elsewhere, I sat through every game in 2001, and went to a good majority of them live (and if you were with me in that crowd, forgive me and god bless you for sticking it out). When you hit the bottom, and to have to grow out of it, you learn to appreciate the wins a helluva lot more. Difference between 2010 and 2001: 2010 has a purpose, and you can see the core of the next 3-4 years developing and improving each week. 2001 was just a shit-fest, and had Fox been the coach that year, we probably would have won 4-5 of those one-possession losses.

As for 89, I don't know what to say, other than we're not getting him the damn ball. No reverses, limited bubble screens. He's a threat, and the less looks you give him, the less effective your team is. When, seriously, can you remember the last time we sent 89 on a simple go route, even if doubled, and allowed the man to dig the ball out. The Vikings game comes to mind, where he just ran over Winfield and, seemingly, ended his once effective career. We did it at home against Tampa last year too, and Moore hit him in stride. That's just not being called, or thrown--one or the other.

And as for 89's absence, I'm with Meatpile. Whatever--he's done little to help thus far, and I'm not so sure he's 100% from 2 broken arms in 8 months

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  5. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

You had to bring up 1-15. Didn't miss a game that year. The last one had to force myself to go, sat down almost on the field, Panther fans were the minority and it was miserable.

While I'd rather be competitive then rebuild, it's sort of fun watching folks grow up and learn the pro game. And they are making positive steps forward, so yeah, it's still fun. Yesterday I even got excited which previous games haven't done.

6. y2b

y2b King of QC

yeah... for 2 weeks in a row, he's had a better QB rating then the opposing QB

There's a lot of moving parts in the passing game

7. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I was there in 2001 to watch the Pats spank Wienkie. It was miserable cold and rainy but I hung around til the game was over.

This year is toast but it is a lot more exciting than it was in 2001. At least we seem to have the pieces in place to be good soon. We have never had a franchise QB, maybe we do now....

8. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

Those bubble screens have been sussed out good since last year. They need to find new ways to get him involved that 31 other teams dont have film on. I recall our last few attempts at it almost got picked, hell CRs were practically baiting Jake to throw it.

9. Tab Loyd

Tab Loyd Full Access Member

The only real question I have of Fox and Davidson is why they don't get Smitty the ball. When you have a playmaker like he is, you're struggling in the passing game (last year or this year) you get the ball in his hands 7 or 8 times a game, somehow, someway. There must be some way to do it, put him in the slot, put him in motion, line him up in the backfield, whatever. Create mismatches on a linebacker or safety. Doesn't do much good to have super players if you don't get them involved. I'm no fan of JR but if I were him, that's what Fox and I would have issues about.

10. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

We had one until he dropped the N-bomb at practice.