1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Clausen

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Oct 3, 2010.

1. The_professor

The_professor ★☆☆☆

[​IMG]

2. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

The 1-15 team looked a lot better than this one.

3. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

I know I'm kinda pissed and buzzed, was boderline drunk earlier,

but seriously dood, drafting is not developing. 1st (and hopefully 2nd) round draft picks are normally already 'developed'. Why doo you think hey cost so much? Developing is taking less talented draftees/undrafted players and develping them into good players, imo. Developing is taking talent or no talent and fielding units that play well. Having a half dozen probowlers has nothing to do with it. Were those probowlers 3rd rounders and worse or non drafted guys, or high paid early rounders with raw talent out the ass adding up personal stats that havn't much contribution to overall wins? Brad Hoover, now he's a great example of development. Smitty @ WR, great development. Peppers? Hell no.

I'll give it to ya we've done a decent job in the drafts under fox/hurn in the earlier rounds, but where are they now or how are they when take the field, other than the 1st or even 2nd rounders?

I understand we prolly did a good thing getting $ off our books for future years and have a very young talented (debatable) team. But they play the suck. Bad. If we do turn out to build this team plus additions in the next coupla years, into a powerhouse, good. I guess i night be worth throwing this year away.

I personally just have no faith in Fox and especially his staff. I really hate davidson, have since he replaced henning (big misstake). And, though like many wished for his head back then, it's proven you can do worse than the shit you have now. We could do worse than fox and co.

No matter how much we can debate the talent level of the individuals on this team, they simply play bad as units, period.

If you want to see how coaches develop players, you can look at NE (hate em though). They take all their talent and get the most out of them. They never field a team like we fielded today, ever.

And if JR is actually brilliant and not senile and caused a lot of this for some future reason, that would be welcomed, but it's gonna be awful bitter to put up with this year.

4. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

It's almost laughable to keep criticizing the coaching staff. They're all fucking dead men walking, and they have been for a while now. I've been thinking about 2011 since the preseason.

5. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

Yeah, for sure, but they owe me for my Tix and time....so I'll biotch..

6. CosmikCatNip

CosmikCatNip of myth and lore

eh. pretty much. but it's theraputic to a certain degree. and it's better than apathy.

7. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

My sister didn't think they'd accept my message for the scoreboard:

"I'd rather be riding my horse then watching this shit"

We're too young and inexperienced. There was a lot of confusion everywhere. At this point I say put Moore back in so we don't f' up whatever potential Claussen does have with our spectacularly shitty oline.

8. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Well I used to agree with those who said, "if we fire Fox he'll land a HC job somewhere else",,,,,,,,,,,,, but honestly the more he sucks up the place here, I'm not so sure.

I guess jobs like Buffalo are always open.

9. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

I was there from the beginning, there's no running game to help him out, OL is the reason. Maybe if they got Otah back and we still couldn't win with Moore, put Clausen in and let him get some experience.

10. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

We not only got to see the whole thing today, we sat in the lowers instead of the uppers. I did find that if you look through really strong binoculars backwards, the game does look better because especially at the far end of the field (we were in Jerry's endzone) they're so TINY you can't really see.