1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Draft simulator

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Smoke Screen, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Smoke Screen

Smoke Screen Fire Ron Rivera's Dumbass

Have at it... pretty fun time killer.

Fanspeak's On the Clock NFL Mock Draft Simulator

My first attempt - OL and DB was not an option without a huge reach in rd 1 due to other teams picks. Same with OL in the 2nd. Hurst was still a "reach" in the 3rd but I figure his rating suffered due to his injury in the bowl game.

WR KELVIN BENJAMIN
    FLORIDA STATE
    CB KYLE FULLER
    VIRGINIA TECH
    OT JAMES HURST
    UNC

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

Not a fan of Hurst, but in the third I'm fine with it. That would be a badass draft.

3. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

28 OT TAYLOR LEWAN MICHIGAN
    60 OT JACK MEWHORT OHIO STATE
    92 S DION BAILEY USC
    124 CB DEION BELUE ALABAMA
    156 CB KEITH MCGILL UTAH

Have no idea but....

4. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

CB JASON VERRETT
    TCU

WR BRANDIN COOKS
    OREGON STATE

OT JAMES HURST
    UNC

S CRAIG LOSTON
    LSU

OT SEANTREL HENDERSON
    MIAMI

5. Jaz

Jaz Full Access Member

This thing is kinda cool

1. Justin Gilbert CB
    2. Calvin Pryor S
    3. Dontae Moncrief WR
    4. Seantrell Henderson OT

I think our biggest need is OT but the value wasn't there until round 4. Didn't want to force it. Thought first two picks were nice value and needs

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

I had the same experience as Smoke Screen with OT getting picked over really quickly.

28) TE JACE AMARO, TEXAS TECH - I think he and not Ebron is the best tight end of this draft. He has much better hands than Ebron and is a better route runner. Amaro's skill set is pretty similar to Olsen's except maybe he's more athletic. I do miss the two tight end sets and Amaro has lots of experience splitting wide or running from the slot.

60) WR KELVIN BENJAMIN, FLORIDA STATE - Obviously incredibly unrealistic for him to be there barring an injury or crime. I'd be ok with him at #28, as his hands separate him from some other tall wide receivers to enter the league in recent years. I think physical corners will give him problems off the line, but it would be nice to give Cam some tall targets for all those high throws.

92) S DION BAILEY, USC - OT had already been pillaged aside from Hurst, and even in the third round I don't know that Hurst is worth it. As a Carolina fan I saw him a lot and I'm not sure he has a future in the NFL. Meanwhile I do think safety is a pretty big need for this defense. Bailey doesn't appear to be your typical USC safety with huge athleticism and poor football skills, as he's rather the opposite. I prefer a guy who makes the right decisions and does the little things rather than someone who always goes for highlights.

124) OT SEANTREL HENDERSON, MIAMI - Have to take a gamble OT somewhere and it might as well be Henderson. He has first or second round talent, but maybe not the desire and certainly not the technique. I do like that he extends his arms when blocking since a lot of big guys just lean on defenders and try to use their big bodies, but I'm not sure about his feet. He'd be a right tackle prospect and might be too tall in his stance to handle guard if tackle doesn't work out. He can't be worse than Bell, though.

156) S VINNIE SUNSERI, ALABAMA - Really like this kid and hope he ends up with the Panthers somehow. He's coming off an ACL and already didn't have a ton of athleticism, but his football instincts are off the charts so I'm hoping he can overcome less than ideal speed.

188) OT JUSTIN BRITT, MISSOURI - Here's your left tackle prospect. I actually like him better than Hurst because Britt has better footwork and agility. First team all-SEC is pretty nice, and he has a lot of experience although 2013 was his first on the left side.

7. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

This would not suck

8. Kevin Costner

Kevin Costner Senior Member

I tried playing last night and it was way out of whack. I'll see if I can get a more realistic result today. Frankly I need to get caught up on prospects, since I watched almost no college football during the fall.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  9. Collin

Collin soap and water

I find that it's mostly useful for teaching the idea that players you expect to be there might not be, as well as the reverse. In one trial I had Johnny Manziel available at #28 and thought about the consequences of taking him. Doing so would mean trading Cam since Manziel isn't the type who would increase in value through development while not playing. This exercise also reinforced the notion that even though OT is fairly deep, that doesn't necessarily mean they will last to our spots. I'm growing more and more desperate to move up a bit if Lewan makes it into the 20s. I also think that Britt is going to go a lot earlier than this or other rankings have him listed precisely because after the first and second tier there are so few OTs who have the potential to handle LT. Most of them are RT types.

10. Kevin Costner

Kevin Costner Senior Member

My dream scenario would be taking OL for the first three picks, but that looks pretty shitty in terms of value.