1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Draft simulator

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Smoke Screen, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Kevin Costner

Kevin Costner Senior Member

Also a little concerned about the Richard Sherman effect. I like big corners, but I have no way of knowing if this guy can actually play until I watch him some. Eventually you also have to cover people.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

In this system I'm less worried about corner than safety anyway. And yeah, it doesn't give us our 7th rounder.

3. Kevin Costner

I just watched Jean-Baptiste's cut up from the Gator Bowl and from another game. Not impressed. Looks more Melvin White than Richard Sherman.

4. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

I keep having Antonio Richardson still there and if I don't take him no OTs anywhere that aren't a huge reach.

Still, it's a cool site and fun. If I had time I'd check the other teams' needs and picks to see how much it follows plausible scenarios.

New league year/FA is March 11 and the draft ia all the way in May so we have a long fucking wait.

5. Kevin Costner

I do think we need to get better at CB this year because of the opposition we face. We're facing the best WRs in the game.

6. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

7. PaulPaladin

PaulPaladin Full Access Member

OT TAYLOR LEWAN
    MICHIGAN

WR ODELL BECKHAM JR.
    LSU

DE SCOTT CRICHTON
    OREGON STATE

RB CARLOS HYDE
    OHIO STATE. - how do you pass on a talent like this down here

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

Rumors have Morgan Moses (OT Virginia) moving up draft boards, possibly to the early second or even late first. I chose him at #92 based on CBS' draft rankings but it would be tough to take that risk at #28. I'm not sure about Tiny either, actually. As much as I want an OT, I don't know that the value is there if Lewan isn't.

9. BWI-Panther

BWI-Panther Full Access Member

They updated the site today so I took another run at it.

28 ​
    OT CYRUS KOUANDJIO
    ALABAMA

60 ​
    CB BRADLEY ROBY
    OHIO STATE

92 ​
    WR DONTE MONCRIEF
    MISSISSIPPI

124 ​
    S DION BAILEY
    USC

156 ​
    CB VICTOR HAMPTON
    SOUTH CAROLINA

188 ​
    S VINNIE SUNSERI
    ALABAMA

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

Still can't figure out why they give our 7th to San Francisco. And didn't we get the Giants' 7th for Beason? Darqueze Dennard fell to #27, which is insane because that guy is great. Also, Aaron Donald would be really exciting if we were a 3-4 one-gap team. I think he can have a lesser J.J. Watt type impact.

28) OT TAYLOR LEWAN, MICHIGAN - No secret here. I don't know why he's fallen in some rankings but he's a 5+ year starter at LT.

60) CB KYLE FULLER, VIRGINIA TECH - I prefer him over Roby, especially for this system.

92) DE JACKSON JEFFCOAT, TEXAS - Thought about Abbrederis but decided Jeffcoat's talent was too much to pass up, plus I've stated my believe that WR is easier to address in free agency.

124) CB KEITH MCGILL, UTAH - The fictional Saints took Dion Bailey before I could, so I grabbed McGill with the intention of moving him to safety.

156) OT JUSTIN BRITT, MISSOURI - I obviously like him a lot more than this ranking does, as I'd be surprised if he even lasts to the fifth round. At worst Britt is a guy who can adequately back up left and right tackle, which has value. I think he's a potential starter.

188) DE AARON LYNCH, USF - Still love Sunseri here, but I chose Lynch just to be different. I guess I'm assuming that Hardy signs elsewhere, so Aaron is a similar story of a former top prospect who falls in the draft due to various question marks. I'm not sure he has Hardy's passion for the game, but the talent is there.