1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Gettleman draft history

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

Adding, Gettleman has stuck to his guns with the Panthers adding a WR and DE in 2014 - and DT/DT in 2013

1st two picks over this span are broken down as follows:

RB - 3
    QB - 1
    LB - 1
    DE - 4 + 1
    DT - 4 + 2
    DB - 8
    TE - 1
    WR - 6 + 1
    OL - 2

2. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

Which leads me to conclude that with their first pick in the 2015 NFL draft, the Carolina Panthers select UCLA DE Obbligato Innagadadavita

3. Parker

Parker Full Access Member

It's kind of funny when you read King's statements now. After two seasons of playoffs and a playoff win. Can't say I disagreed with King at the time, though.

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

Yeah, being 23rd worst in point differential is not good but looking back through past seasons puts things into perspective. Shula feels like the worst coordinator in history compared to Chudzinski, but the 5547 yards gained in 2014 made for the fifth best total in franchise history.

5. Shocker

Shocker Full Access Member

Two years so far...GREAT job. Not just the draft...OVERALL. Back to back division championships (3rd coming). Anyone questioning Gettleman? Who the fuck would do better?

Oh and the CAP number is completely sensible. I love our GM completely...one of the best.

6. Majordobie

Majordobie Full Access Member

He's to be commended for getting the cap under control...but his legacy may be marred for one reason:

7. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Well here we are a year later still needing a #2.

Edit to add: and another thing... I'd rather win the division than not but we won 7 games. The division title was akin to if not outright a fluke. It's in the neighborhood. I get the psychological benefit from the players being able to rationalize that they are good because of the division and playoff win but the fans running around beating their chests are doing so over a fairly empty achievement IMO.

not to say I think we will suck this year, I don't. I think we have a decent shot at a winning record and the division.

8. PaulPaladin

PaulPaladin Full Access Member

the playoff win gives winning the awful South at least some legitimacy....

9. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

We had a losing record.

To get off on another tangent, people were raising all sorts of hell about us being in, and then hosting a game, with a losing record,. Yet many of those same people are behind expanding the playoffs, which will lead to more teams qualifying with losing records.

10. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

100% agree with all of this. Being the best looking chick in a fat lonely girl contest doesn't make me happy. Kind of why it didn't bother me the Hornets didn't make the playoffs so they can get swept by whomever. The only decent thing about making the playoffs is trolling Falcon fans. Signing Oher and Martin isn't fixing a below average OL