1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Gettleman draft history

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

Why are you not posting this stuff on the Huddle where it belongs? You've been told that over and over again. People here are too intelligent to buy your homer bullshit, as we realize that cutting Steve Smith was a dumb move. We realize that Kelvin Benjamin has been ok but certainly not the great draft pick the media pretends it was. We realize that Gettleman did an awful job in free agency this past off-season (Harper, DeCoud, Cason, Cotchery, Avant, and Underwood). We realize that Gettleman has nearly gotten Cam killed by being stupid enough to believe that Byron Bell and Nate Chandler could be the starting offensive tackles. We realize that Gettleman has done poorly in the draft outside of the first round even though the media pretends that Tre Boston was a great find instead of a liability who should absolutely not be starting.

Dave Gettleman has been a train wreck as a general manager, he only looks acceptable because a train wreck is still better than the nuclear disaster left by his predecessor.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

Against a team with a ton of injuries who was on their third string quarterback. Don't get me wrong, I loved being at that game for the win, but neither the division title or playoff win meant that this team wasn't bad last season.

3. PaulPaladin

PaulPaladin Full Access Member

This is a telling year. I think DG did a good job in year one but last year was awful, as Collin outlined. If Oher works out as a competent LT, we hit on a couple draft picks and one or two of he other FA emerge, then I'll call him competent.

4. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Keep that ************ out of the kitchen when it comes to offensive tackles.

5. Shocker

Shocker Full Access Member

Does anyone listen to this clown? Colon, I have never listened to you. Good idea trying to get my attention but you are retarded. Please stop being a vagina.

6. Shocker

The Panthers will take the best player. Double O from UCLA is in the mix. This dudes highlights are crazy, but missed a full year with bad hips. Can't help but be impressed with his motor and good toolset...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIovXO0NEEA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI_tmkBubvY

Gettleman, the god, will mine this draft just like last year. I can't wait to see what this merlin ************ does. He will rape this draft yet again.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  7. Shocker

We won playoff game...ask Cleveland fans what that would mean. THE LAST what 20 YRS?

8. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

The cards fell into place for that win. I'd like sustained success ala steelers, Patriots etc. Gettleman has done a decent job cleaning up after hurney free spending but he's also missed on players he could have gotten. Oher and Martin are backups at Best. Imo good long sustained teams protect the qb with a line, attack the qb with a good defense and have a good quarterback who has a few weapons. Our line is SHIT.

9. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

Been reading my notes?

10. Shocker

Who the fuck are you? Retarded. Stop surfing. Make a real statement. Please.