1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Gettleman is God

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

you Fuckers know nothing...

if these first two games are indicative of the season!

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

no u

3. willie

willie Full Access Member

Although I don't know the man, I haven't really looked upon him fondly. However, is he not doing a good job now that we look at our team and how we are performing so far?

4. Mills51

Mills51 Full Access Member

It's way too early to say for sure, but so far the answer is yes. Even if you believe that NFL GM's aren't any smarter than us armchair GM's, they do a have a lot more information to work with than we do (face to face interviews with players, scuttlebutt from other players, coaches, and scouts in the league who've worked with prospective players).

5. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

It is a bottom line business. I'm not all in yet, but an excellent season last year has been followed up with an excellent start this year. It's getting harder to complain.

6. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

[​IMG]

Dave's gone, John.

Enjoy that.

7. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

I'll stop bitching when we win a super bowl. Just kidding I'll never stop pointing out which of Hurneys players he won with and how he could've drafted better players years after the fact.

8. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

I still think he's a fat piece of shit and I'll never like him personally. I don't have to. He's an executive. I do believe in giving the devil his due. Right now, not overpaying to keep many of our outgoing free agents from 2013 looks like the right decision, although I guess he didn't have much of a choice with so little cap room. We'll see.

9. willie

willie Full Access Member

Seastrunk In - King Out

Head coach Ron Rivera provided a mostly positive update Monday on the two running backs injured during Sunday's win as well as starter DeAngelo Williams, who missed the game with a thigh injury. To shore up their depth at the position, the Panthers signed rookie Lache Seastrunk to the practice squad Tuesday after the Jacksonville Jaguars signed wide receiver Tavarres King off their practice squad. Seastrunk, selected in the sixth round of the 2014 NFL Draft by the Washington Redskins, joins running back Darrin Reaves on the practice squad. Seastrunk recorded consecutive 1,000-yard seasons at Baylor, leading the Big 12 with 1,177 yards last season.

from Panthers.com

10. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Fat piece of shit is right. He had me totally in his corner until that Smitty crap, then I went to hating him.

Not rocket science to decline to overpay for guys like Munnerlyn and Mitchell, but also not rocket science to give the OL some help at OT when it was a glaring weak spot. I like what they've done at TE, Dickson's drop the other day notwithstanding.

Great selection in Benjamin, but again, a big WR was pretty much a clear need and there wasn't much else there that fit for us, as I recall.

Bene, I think Rivera said he went to Gettleman and said we need to trade up for him.