1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

GO FALCONS!!!

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Dec 17, 2014.

1. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Jesus Lord please

2. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

3. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

[​IMG]

4. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Fly Falcons Fly.

5. Black&Black

It would be fucking funny as fuck if they tied. That's what I'm rooting for.

6. Odin

Odin Full Access Member

Hell no...Geaux Saints ! End this farce of a season.
    We need a top 10 pick and a franchise LT for the future a hell of a lot more than backing into the playoffs with a humiliating record, getting thrashed by Seattle in the WC, a pick in the 20's, and a pat on the back for Riverboat for getting us 2 division titles in a row (but not a second winning season).

7. Black&Black

Tanking while being eliminated is understandable even though I've never agreed with it. Tanking while being in contention for a division championship with two weeks left is the dumbest fucking concept ever.

A PLAYOFF SPOT IS A PLAYOFF SPOT - and by the way, the last thee non-winning teams to make the playoffs have advanced. Meanwhile, there's absolutely no guarantee that the team would draft a good player with a better pick, so the only thing you're gaining is false optimism for the offseason. Take the stupid fucking horseshit somewhere else. I hate to be overzealous about it, but I'm fucking sick of this bullshit. The goal IS TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS AND YOU DON'T TURN THAT DOWN FOR HIGHER DRAFT PICKS.

I mean, Jesus Fucking Christ. It's like the 90 year old women who has a million dollars stuffed in her fucking mattress. I WANT TO STOCK PILE DRAFT PICKS!!! That's really fucking exciting.

8. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

It's also assuming Gettleman doesn't screw up the picks.

9. Black&Black

Exactly.

But even if you don't fuck it up, doing well in the NFL Draft isn't necessary the fast track to winning championships. It's an overrated overhyped and overvalued event. It is important to get good young players and probably even more important not to get bad ones, but killing it in the draft doesn't guarantee victories in the regular season. Look at St. Louis. The draft is only one variable - a key variable - but it is not the cure-all for bad football teams.

And if the point of the fucking thing is to improve your team so that it can make the playoffs, THEN YOU SHOULDN'T BE TRYING TO AVOID MAKING THE PLAYOFFS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

10. JJT

JJT Full Access Member

I suppose I could tell you all why Abraham Lincoln fired George McClellan and went with US Grant, but that's the exact analogy.