1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

HURNEY FIRED

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Blue_, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

Roman is just bad at what Rivera/McDermott are asking him to do. He has value, albeit marginal, but it's being wasted in stuck 20 yards off the line. 41 should be rotational, and used more off the edge as a pass rusher/run supporter. That's the only way you get anything out of him.

DeCoud is just worthless as fuck, and offers absolutely nothing but fucking nervous feelings in my taint.

2. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

But Bell is a lefty!

3. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

And Harper did himself no favor with his response when reporters asked about the dislike the fan base had for him. Don't remember his exact words but basically said they'd cheer for him now that he was in "their uniform". Aside from lack of talent (and I didn't think he was particularly good when a Saint) and the late hit on Smitty last year, I've always thought he was a dirty player. Continuing after the whistle, jerking people's legs up in the air when they're on the ground. Can't remember many games when I haven't been yelling for his ejection. And he obviously WAY underestimated the love for Smitty. The smart thing to do would be blame it on caught up in the speed and emotion of the game and using less then great judgement whether he meant it or not. Being a shit and then denying you ARE a shit only makes it worse. At least fake remorse.

4. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

And from today's Observer:

It’s hard not to compare Godfrey’s situation with that of former middle linebacker Jon Beason, another good defensive player who lost a step following Achilles surgery. Like Godfrey, Beason tried a different position (outside linebacker) before the Panthers shipped him to New York last year in a trade with the Giants.

A week after Beason was dealt, and following a disheartening loss to Arizona, Steve Smith gathered his teammates for a players-only meeting and told them if they didn’t start playing better, others would be following Beason out the door.

Whether it was Smith’s speech, Ron Rivera’s transformation into Riverboat Ron, or the dominant play of a defense that finished the season ranked No. 2, the Panthers rattled off eight wins in a row and went on to post a 12-4 record and earn the franchise’s first playoff berth since 2008.

Damn locker room distraction.

5. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

The Patriots have a wretched front office, and have for several years now. They're bloatedly overrated. They ride on the fumes of a few good coaches and players, but they won't be a Superbowl team again with this group, because their FO is a fucking joke. Not to take away from your point, but the Patriots currently, are not a good blueprint on how to run a team. Not currently.

6. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

God forbid he tell the truth and admit he was getting something out of the bounty pot if he put Smitty out.

7. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

How your players feel about your org and how you handle your business is different from selecting the right players. You can run your team prettily shittily in some areas and still get good results as long as you draft well. Dallas is actually becoming an example of this they've been drafting better but JErry Jones hasn't been any less of a jackass. Or the ravens they've drafted exceptionally well under Newsome and are consistenly good but they've also had some bitter player breakups too.

8. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Most GMs suck. Firing Gettleman would feel great, but the odds of getting another idiot are much greater than finding somebody competent. That's the somber reality of it all.

9. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Im not discussing how the players feel about them. I'm just saying I'm tired of hearing about how great the Pats front office has been, when they bust on FAs and draft picks more than they get them right. They also let good players go, and get praised for it, like somehow it's the right move because they'll decline in a few years, when the fucking team is in decline, nothing better than a slightly above average, annual playoff lamb to the slaughter.

10. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Art Vandelay, Collin and Abusive like this.