1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

HURNEY FIRED

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Blue_, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

Here's what I thought a month ago:

2. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

fuck that purrs. celebrate. hurney is fucking gone. it is something to be happy about. we should have a fucking party!

3. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

exactly. Suckage will happen but it's tolerable if you think the end result will be worth it

4. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

[​IMG]

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

There's no way that Richardson rekindles his relationship with Polian and lets Bill install his idiot son as the new GM, right? Right? RIGHT?

Ugh, I wish the thought had never occurred to me.

6. y2b

y2b King of QC

Does this crack the door open for Chip Kelly?

7. y2b

y2b King of QC

Guy at work just asked me "So what are they going to do now?"

I said "Win"

8. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

I read it back when you posted it. It's an interesting post, and the time you put into it's certainly appreciated and a good read.

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

Magnus would have a better idea about candidates.

edit:
    I will say that I really, really like the idea of Eric Mangini as the new head coach. And firing Hurney does mean that Rivera is gone along with most of the coaching staff, so Purr will get his wish there. Any new GM will bring in his own people.

10. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Only, we're not gonna. We still have a horrible staff, and a lot of horrible players. No one is suddenly going to say - Wow, Williams has to get at least 14 carries, and Stewart 10. Maybe Cam 5, and let's be a fundamental PA pass offense with a strong running game.

Because, God knows, our running backs have to rip off ten yard chunks every down to stay in the game. Fuck, man.

No one is going to suddenly say...when the defense is looking at 3rd and 4, let's not line up our safeties and corners 20 yards deep. Let's not do that.....

Nope. Hurney didn't control those things.

No. He's gone, and now hopefully we can become a much better managed team. That's where it starts. But the new manager will most likely kick Rivera in the teeth and tell him to beat feet. No one is going to look at gametape and respect the product we're putting out.

The wins will hopefully start coming soon, but Hurney leaving won't magically fix this.

buck nasty- I would, and I'm happy he's gone. I feel a little sad, though. Call me crazy, but I'm watching a man who wanted so bad for us to do well lose his job. Man, maybe I'm a little sensitive to it for some reason....maybe I'm getting old, and soft. But I can't take too much joy in a guy getting fired who's been a part of some very wonderful years with this organization. And he cared. Tremendously, he cared.

Still. He had to go. I know that. I'm good with it.