1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Kaepernicks contract

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PantherPaul, Dec 16, 2014.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Give me a pocket passer with enough athleticism to extend a play a bit. See Aaron Rodgers

2. Big Red

Big Red Alpha, Thing, It

Andrew Luck as well.

Russell Wilson is interesting as well. Not yet a great pocket passer, but he uses his legs within the pocket (and out) to buy time to get the ball down field. He does this extremely well.

The aforementioned QB's (CK7, RGIII, CN) seem too eager to take off and run as opposed to buying time to throw. Moreover, they seem unable to progress past the first or seconds reads in their respective progressions. During the Raiders vs 49ers game I saw Derek Carr progress through 4 reads from one side of the field to the other and hit a dump off underneath for the 5th read in the progression. That is special for any QB in the league, much less a rookie.

3. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Add manziel into mix

4. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

yeah small sample size probably had nothing to do with that. If we can play that game then doesn't Cams first start make him Favre 2.0?

5. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Russell Wilson is pacing 900 yards rushing this year, which has undeniably helped Seattle keep pace with Arizona. The dual-threat QB is not dying, just like the pocket QB wasn't dying three years ago. Trent Dilfer is a fucking moron who never did anything except be a bystander to one of the all-time great defenses.

6. Black&Black

Throwing to a check-down is not special. As an Alex Smith fan, you probably think it is, but it isn't.

7. Big Red

Big Red Alpha, Thing, It

Johnny Football certainly didn't look very good in his debut, but it seemed like he was getting pressured well before he was fully into his drops. That isn't technically his fault, but from a personal perspective I think he's garbage.

During this past year's draft season, I told many that "JF" wouldn't be able to pull off what he did on Saturday's on Sunday's in the NFL. He has a long way to go, and my hunch tells me that he's a bust.

Cleveland seems to make it habit of 1st round QB busts. Like or dislike Brian Hoyer, but I can't fathom how a team like Cleveland, who hasn't won in quite awhile, would bench a QB that is 10-5 (10-6?) as a starter for the team that technically wasn't statistically eliminated from the playoff picture. Then again, they're the Browns.

8. Black&Black

Don't ignore my posts, you cuck.

9. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

it might've been that the offense he was leading was falling apart and he had a 1:8 TD INT ratio his last 4 starts (1-3 record since that's all you care about) Hoyer did so little on offense the Browns couldn't beat the Colts with Indy spotting him 14 points.

10. Big Red

Big Red Alpha, Thing, It

Salient points, but my gut tells me that wins outweigh statistics. 10-5 (10-6?) for the Browns is good in my book.

Also, if you're benching a QB for the reasons that you state, shouldn't you at least have zero doubts about your decision? I followed that story all week, and the overwhelming majority of things I read from the "spinsters" suggested that "JF" wasn't ready and that it was a ownership/management induced (bad) move.