1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

MNF Winston

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by rake, Aug 24, 2015.

1. rake

rake Need one of these

Bucs look pretty good, and Winston looks like a 21 year old Cam Newton

2. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Fools Gold. They didn't look good, Cincinnati looked fucking atrocious.

3. rake

rake Need one of these

Yeah the bangholes looked very bad, but the bucs looked better than wk one and pretty good overall. Yes they had about 14 offensive penalties but the defense was doing a good job of sticking to assignments and swarming to the ball. Their front 7 is going to be much improved this year. I like the addition of swearinger in the secondary but they are going to be a lil soft there otherwise. They have superior receivers to the panthers (not sayin much) but the oline and running game look relatively Panther equivalent. As far as Winston is concerned he looks like newton to me . . . And for about 100 mil less currently.

4. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Winston looked that bad?

5. Black&Black

Jaws has been fluffing him, but he's not played well at all. Winston has a 61 passer rating in the preseason. People are impressed with him because he's black.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

Jaworski said on Mike & Mike this morning that he wasn't sure about Mariota's arm strength because he didn't see many downfield throws while scouting his Oregon games. It blew my mind because no one who actually watched any of Oregon's games should have that reaction. Last season Oregon threw 10+ yards downfield at a much higher frequency than Florida State did (43.1% to 33.7%). I think Jaws doesn't actually watch anything anymore, he just repeats the things he's told.

7. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

He`s still getting the same paycheck and its a lot less work...

8. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

How much mustard on the 8-10 yard out? Almost any QB can float the ball downfield.

9. rake

rake Need one of these

Haven't "studied" the three but from what I've seen cam and winston can throw those outs on a tighter rope than mariota, but will the rope be on target? Mariota is going to be more accurate on ANY throw and I would rather have him as the face of my franchise than the other two for numerous reasons. Hey I might be a racist . . .. or I might just be a somoan-american :20:

10. Black&Black

Mariota checks every box in terms of what you want your franchise quarterback to be, on and off the field. Winston checks every box in terms of what people think a franchise quarterback should look like. It's kind of a poor man's Manning vs Leaf 2.0.