1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

No huddle

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by magnus, Nov 13, 2008.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    an achilles heel I haven't seen many teams exploit on us. But it's exploitable against our D, and I'm not 100% certain why. We're not that specialized, we're not subbing that much other than into nickel, or into long pass situations, and we're an aware defense, but it surprised us when used.

Luckily, Ryan is young and won't use it. Culpepper can't know that offense well enough yet. Rodgers isn't that young but still not so remarkably experienced.

The Giants, however, could rip us, if they figure that out. Tampa, how they don't know better of this, I don't know.

I don't know why we don't react better in that situation.

2. goodoleboy

goodoleboy Full Access Member

Actually Atlanta used it quite a bit in the first game against us. I remember commenting on it to the guy sitting next to me. They only used it one series early in the game but moved the ball very well. I assumed it was scripted plays. I bet we see more of it next week. They are turning Ryan loose.

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

was that Atlanta? crap. Shows what I get for assuming. I had figured that was NO.

4. Paladin

Paladin Full Access Member

It was scripted. The coach was asked why they went away from it, because it was effective against us, and he said because that's all they had scripted.

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

well, shit.
    So we'll see more of it from Mularkey. And away.

I still don't get how it gets us, either. It's not like we are unprepared at the snap, or laze around getting back to the huddle. It's not that we're unaware. So what is it?

6. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

In Atlanta's case I'd guess it was them having drilled those plays hard during the week and their execution was good, and there was a confidence factor. Especially for Ryan.

7. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I think it is scheme thing because it has been that way under Fox every year he has been here. We have three solid corners so it should not be that we are unable to cover more than 2 wideouts. I am curious as to what we do with Peppers in those situations. If we are dropping him into coverage that might be a big part of the problem. No huddle is usually a hurry up pass heavy thing and therefore a time you need some pass rush.

8. goodoleboy

goodoleboy Full Access Member

Part of the reason teams do it is to limit situational substitutions. We get stuck with the players out there and might not have time to get the right guys in the game.

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

As magnus said, we don't do much situational substitution anyway. Our struggles with no-huddle stem from something else, and I'm not sure what it is either.

10. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Bump.

I gotta think they use this.