1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

OT... but an Extra Day

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by y2b, Jan 11, 2004.

1. y2b

y2b King of QC

Does the Panthers have an advantage getting to rest an extra day even though they played 5 quarters of football?

The coaching staff I'm sure gets a jump on game planning, they'll probably start tonight.

Usually, the Panthers get Monday off after playing on Sunday, maybe they practice Monday since they rested Sunday

Hopefully this game is a slug fest and really takes everything they have to win, who ever it is that wins

2. Reznor

Reznor Sunspots

I think I'd let them rest Monday too, and bust ass all day gameplanning, then have a normal week of practice.

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Well, the day's rest does help. For one, coaches can break down the game tape last night, and use that as a basis for adjustments and work to be done this week physically.

It means that we have more time to adjust to the new team; although, of course, both are WCO teams so there's ample room to suggest basic gameplans defensively filled in for tendency and personnel.
    Defensively, they're a bit different, and of course personnel forces that further than on gameplanning, so it's more of an offensive meeting to reduce penalties and adjust to the possible abscence of Davis.

Physically, one day's rest shouldn't be a huge deal, but it does help. Even early in the season, we beat Tampa and Indy coming off Monday night games. Consider it an advantage.

4. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

Morgan better have his butt firmly planted in the film room. Peppers, too. They've got to spy McNabb, and they haven't done a stellar job against Vick thusfar.