1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers vs Patriots Running Commentary

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Aug 25, 2015.

1. willie

willie Full Access Member

2. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

I watched this game again last night and made a couple of mental notes:

Actual notable dropped passes:

Olsen-1
    Ginn-2
    C. Brown-3 (2 more batted down)
    I think there were two more, but I can't recall who- I think Boykin and Mike Brown one each. None of the Browns attack the ball for good catches as well as keeping DBs from getting to them before....at...all. Boykin looks ok against 2nds/3rds, but he's not done shit against the 1sts.

Folkerts cost us a first down and in two consecutive series, two holding penalties-at the worst moments), two sacks allowed, two serious disruptive pressures allowed and a hands to the face penalty. Now Folkerts is hurt and Remmers in in at center. God help us if Kalil doesn't get back in the lineup soon.

I can't decide which RB I like better past Stewart.

You know we're in trouble at WR when Bersin is the healthiest and can be counted on second-third most for consistency (other than Cotchery, who is tweaked and Ginn).

The D looked good everywhere except the 3rds on the line. Hopefully the 1sts return quickly, because though the 2nds aren't bad, there's nobody behind them.

DA is the best passer on the team, period.

Webb might not be the greatest at QB, but he's most def a great athlete and a jack of most all football trades.

I can't really tell, but the 2nd Oline folks aren't that bad (other than Folkerts), but the 3rds are terrible.

Though the oline (1sts) seems to pass pro ok, they aren't great at opening many holes for the running game.

The WR all do decent at downfield blocking, even C. brown and Ginn had moments there.

2nd (80?) TE doesn't look bad. They said something about him being a converted WR to TE, but he looked like a decent WR to me in his opportunities. I dunno, though didn't see him much.

Coleman at S looked good, and of course as many have mentioned, Shaq was all over.

Possibly Ealy and Horton may turn out to be pretty good, especially considering the reps they've been getting.