1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers vs Redskins Running Commentary

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Nov 17, 2015.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Why would there be a small pocket of people in Oregon give a shit about philly vs Tampa?

2. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Chip Kelly?

Or, it's Portland, maybe they misread it as having something to do with Tampons.

3. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

yeah they will move games around to get local coverage if there is a famous player or coach from the area, but it's pretty rare.

4. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

5. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Bolt Up

Press Release: #Redskins Quotes- Gruden, Cousins - Panthers Quotes-Rivera, Norman - The Stadium - Extremeskins

Carolina Panthers Cornerback Josh Norman

On how he stays motivated when the team is undefeated:

“Continue to work hard, continue to work at an extremely phenomenal rate."

On why Panthers QB Cam Newton is able to ‘get under people’s skin’:

“Because he’s 6-5, 260 and can do whatever he wants."

On the challenge of covering WR DeSean Jackson:

“Well, it’s always a challenge to just cover any receiver, but him especially. He’s a guy that likes to take it over the top and then he breaks his route off. We just have got to know and understand that and welcome that challenge.”

On if he has noticed teams starting to throw away from him:

“Yeah, I’ve kind of noticed that a bit. I’m kind of trying to switch some stuff up so they can’t but at the same time I’ve just got to play the defense and the scheme in which the defense allows me to play and not try to play out of it to go get a play because I’m hungry to do something. I’ve just got to maintain my discipline and if they don’t come then I’ve just got to be satisfied with that and try not to overthink it."

On the difference in QB Kirk Cousins at this point in the season:

“Kirk, I remember him back at IMG [Academy]. He was one of the IMG guys when I was out there training with him. I can just say, personally, he’s one of the guys I feel like can lead a team. His poise and morale is great. He’s a great leader, I feel. His ball and his delivery… He’s always been smart in timing with his throws. I just can’t say enough good things about him.”

On if any changes to the defense from the second half of last season carried over to this year:

“Well, the mentality, when we was going through that streak or whatever, they ended up making some changes and put some guys in places where they were able to make some stuff happen. Once we were able to put guys in place, that aggressive mentality of the coaching scheme kind of ended up kicking into place. And when that started to happen, we started moving some stuff around and started to shape up. As you see, we’re still doing that same stuff today.”

On Newton hitting ‘The Dab’ last week:

“[Laughter] He said he was gonna Dab on ‘em , and he Dabbed on ‘em. It was one of those things where, hey, shoot, like I said, 6-5, 260, man, keep him out of the end zone if you don’t want him to Dab on you. So that’s pretty much what he did and I’m pretty sure he’s going to do it again whenever he touches that end zone. It’s your job to stop him. We’ve got his back and we’re behind him. Shoot, if I get mine, I’m going to Dab on ‘em too.”

6. willie

willie Full Access Member

Every one of these guys - when you hear them speak - are focused, talk intelligently about the next opponent, are focused on the game at hand, support their teammates and their coaches... They just are playing and talking like pros all across the board. It reinforces the undefeated record. These guys not only believe in themselves but also possess a focused intensity that is very mature. Damn, Rivera has delivered on a lot of levels...

7. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

His track record was very good, as a DC. Seems as if he has been able to grow into the job. Sure can't argue with the results at this point.

I really like his style with the press, he is a good listen in the post game and Monday media sessions.

8. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Even official team twitter feeds getting into it. [​IMG]

10. canesin4

canesin4 Full Access Member

Watching Newton's control with the ball I don't think we have seen his best yet. Scary for the Patriots as he is going to hand Brady his ass in the Superbowl. Panthers will be making everything right in the NFL!