1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Pats no huddle

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by presidence99, Oct 8, 2012.

1. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

2. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

It's amazing what you can do when you stumble your way into a great quarterback.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

Interesting read, thanks.

4. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    some of the college teams that are really innovating - the run/pass combo concepts that are starting to be used, the hardcore variants of the option, the fantastic things that are being done with the spread - are saying that you don't need to use more than 3 days to install your entire offense.* Then they start over, re-drill it, and re-implement it until it's perfect. So you're sitting there, once every three practice days, going over everything on that day with the same message and more retention, where a big-playbook team is possibly installing things mid-season to use it.

And that's without distilling everything down into 6 plays, which was ridiculously candid of the Pats to say and something they might end up regretting, I guess. Maybe not. Try stopping it.

It's an intriguing ideal that can be adapted to pro concepts. I do honestly think that would work well for Cam, even if you take away any option type runs, and that he could do well in a no huddle type situation, but for everything that can work, there seems to be an opposite feeling that controlling as much of the game for him might be as smart.

Furthering that, I don't want to get into our coaching situation, but a part of me has intrigue in Chip Kelly as a prospect. He's a fantastic coach and I worried when the Bucs went for him. There's two real concerns - can he continue option and spread successin the NFL, or can he adapt? It's starting to feel like this option thing's shelf life has rapidly accelerated, and that's not something you'd want to build a franchise upon.

*to a point, if you limited formations and motions, you could do that in this offense since it's a more logical playcall than the other major forms, but still, the verbiage is up to six pieces. One day at work, using the coryell ideals of playcall mixed with some Wing-T philosophy, I built a multiple formation double wing O that would be kinda cool, I think, in that it disguises looks and gives you maximum flexibility but leaves the spread feel and the single back zone stuff. Really at that point, you could limit to one formation for JV and expand for varsity, but I think the ideal of 3 days to

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

Chip Kelly would be amazing, but why would he leave Oregon for this mess? Jerry Richardson can't compete with Phil Knight.

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

I don't know specifically if I'd believe that, but Kelly does have some strikes against him - a guy like that already makes OK money and he's offensive. Not a slam dunk like Harbaugh (who had some league experience and was pro style) but he'd command bucks.

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

Yeah, it's nice to have a couple of times per game but I wouldn't want it used more than that.