1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Second Impressions

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Aug 18, 2014.

1. PaulPaladin

PaulPaladin Full Access Member

I don't think KB is slow, he just lacks quickness. Once he gets rolling I think he's fast, it just takes him 10-15 yards to get to full speed whereas Smitty in his prime would hit top speed in like 2 steps. I just think Cam's timing is off...he was sailing everything high early.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

Benjamin ran a 4.61 at the combine, which was 36th among the wideouts. He's slow.

3. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

I just remember him being behind the defense when Cam overthrew him by 6 feet.

4. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

He beat Gilmore last week. He seems capable of getting open on those go routes, he's just not going to blaze by everybody like other WRs we've had.

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

Moose was a heck of a deep threat despite a lack of speed. Cam has to adjust his targeting, which is a bit concerning since he doesn't appear to adjust well.

6. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

That's usually a good thing. He only played the first 3 3 and out drives. He was done by the 1st quarter and was replaced by Scott, groin I think. I think he has looked decent in there. Looks like a keeper.

Edit: Turner came back in on Stu second TD drive. He had two great blocks on Dontari Poe that drive (a pro bowler last year) and Travelle Wharton pointed out his block on Vance Walker as the reason why 28 went in untouched into the end zone. Very promising indeed.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  7. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

I thought Ealy actually had a great first game. Had a few pressures and was in on some key stops. I think I counted him in on about 5 key plays. This last game he was in position to make a few more plays but didn't quite finish like he did game 1. I don't remember seeing Dee Ford at all the other night FWIW.

Fisher looked like ass tho, everyone was picking on him.

We have crazy depth at DE, shame we can't say the same about LB or S.

Jason Williams, Lester and Anderson looked awful.