1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Shula/Davidson

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Purrsy, Aug 15, 2013.

1. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Clowney, Lee, Matthews- these are the names that Shula's offense will be just competent enough to keep the team from drafting.

2. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

I doubt we're showing everything, but I've seen enough and have heard enough through the offseason to have low expectations for Shula. Cam raving about simplicity, Shula talking about marginalizing the read option, talk about "run heavy", etc. It doesn't feel positive at all.

3. Smoke Screen

Smoke Screen Fire Ron Rivera's Dumbass

It feels like 4-5 wins...

4. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

I picked us to make the playoffs, but I was picking as a fan. Realistically I'd be very happy with 7 or 8 wins. There's too many games on the schedule where I tell myself "holy crap we'll get outcoached here."

5. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

"The offense is going to stay the same."

"We picked Shula because he knows the offense, and we're going to see very little change there."

6. Toll Booth Willie

Toll Booth Willie Welcome to Wusta!

Honestly if we are picking that high, we might seriously consider a new QB. If Cam sucks again this year as I suspect he will, then I don't believe it's going to get any better for him.

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

Cam doesn't "suck," he's just flawed, like Jay Cutler. Chud knew how to use him properly whereas Shula (at least so far) wants to pretend like he's a conventional pocket passer. It disturbs me that nearly all of Newton's throws are off his back foot, as that not only speaks to the laziness of the player but inadequate coaching. The OC & QB coach should be on his ass every single time during practice to step into his throws. Repetition in practice is what breaks bad habits and sets the right ones into muscle memory.

Taking another QB would be a terrible idea unless you also trade Cam for a 1st round pick plus more, which only sets the clock back further for an owner who doesn't know how many more years he has on this earth. Just not going to happen. Cam is going to be here, so the coaching staff needs to be making him better.

8. Toll Booth Willie

Toll Booth Willie Welcome to Wusta!

My observation is based on previous QB's who have generally shown whether they will be worth a shit or not by year 3. I'm not saying he will suck this year, but the first two preseason games are certainly not encouraging.

9. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

I'm saying we'll be picking just low enough to miss them, say 7-10, right after all the elites go

10. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _