1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Shula/Davidson

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Purrsy, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

It's also amusing that Shula is running the fuck out of the read-option and isn't taking half the shit that Chud took for doing the same.

2. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Chud did it a lot more, but Shula does it a lot dumber.

I think he's not taking as much shit for it, because Chud was really amazing sometimes, and it was easier to pick out miscues. Shula is shockingly bad so often, that it's one of the lesser horrors....

I mean, Shula ran the read option on the 5 yard line, with a bad line and I believe on a 2nd and long, lol....

3. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Over the last month we've run it more than any stretch I remember us running it under Chud. We're doing it obsessively. You're spot on about Chud being much better at it, which is a reason why it's so amusing that Shula isn't taking the same amount of shit.

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

Are you insane? Maximizing players' strengths is exactly what Chudzinski did best. I was very modest in my expectations of Cam as a rookie because I knew his flaws and thought they would be exposed in a conventional NFL offense. That's why Chud ran the crazy vertical passing game he did, with lots of read-option sprinkled in. The guy did an amazing job of playing to all the things Cam does well while trying to minimize the things he struggles with.