1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

we can't pay cam

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by buck nasty, Jan 11, 2015.

1. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

DA could have gotten us to 7-8-1 and beat the cardinals. we can't pay cam 15 mil a year for that.

2. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

He's getting more than 15 mil

3. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

He sure is, and though he may see the field better now he still has zero touch pass ability and shit mechanics. He has had four years to refine his technique and learn to physically execute his position and has not. The running isn't gonna be there in 4 more years, and there is no evidence the mechanics will be either.

I like a lot of things about him but not (enough) to believe he will get a Super Bowl. And I have heard time and again, that that is the bottom line when evaluating a QB in the NFL: "can he win you a Super Bowl?".

So I don't feel good about investing 100+ million dollars in him yet I feel that is what is going to happen.

I am depressed.

4. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

He's getting paid whether we like it or not. The idea now is how do we assemble a team that he can succeed with.

And come on flacco won a superbowl. Eli has two. The key is to not make these guys the key cog keep getting into the playoffs and hope they have a good run of play.

5. pantherking

pantherking Say What ?

Dont worry Cam will work out harder this off season lift more weights than he has ever lifted and will make some more commercials about showing us what he can do.

How about you not lift another weight for the rest of your career Newton and focus on mechanics and in the film room and stay the heck away from the weight room this off season.

6. broncoitis

broncoitis Full Access Member

Who is our QB coach and don't they put trashcans in the endzone anymore for these guys to practice their touch passing. A little arc, a little touch. Oh yeah I remember QB coach is Dorsey, Com'on Dorsey ...Coach

7. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

Didn`t sorry-ass Trent Dilfer win a Superbowl?

8. Mills51

Mills51 Full Access Member

I don't see any practical alternative to paying him. Even if it really was the best "football decision", Gettleman would have to go into witness protection if he let him walk (or more likely tagged and traded).

9. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Past offseasons he has been at Auburn or rehabbing the ankle, or both. The ankle, okay I get it even though I don't get why they waited so long to address it. The college student stuff was disappointing to me.

Why it is depressing.

10. DogBoy

DogBoy Full Access Member

Yeah a squirt like Brees or Wilson can devastate you with a touch pass can you imagine what someone of Cams size and ability to see over the linemen could do with a touch pass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk