1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

we can't pay cam

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by buck nasty, Jan 11, 2015.

1. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Why I am depressed. He will pay him.

I do sort of wish that Gettleman does not, and tags him saying: you have to put the proper value on the player" just to watch people finally turn on him.

That touch on the ball thing, it's hard for me to understand why an athlete as gifted as Cam can not adjust his velocity. Especially since he throws with (just) his arm so much.

2. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

If they had a shot at Mariota or Jamis I could see Gettleman thinking about doing what he did last year with Smith. Pay him, and give him a shot with more weapons and an improved line

3. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

One of four teams to advance to the divisional round each of the last two years. You have a good thing going. Don't fuck it up.

4. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

I'm being hopeful that since Cam missed or was limited in a lot of camp time, it hurt with new receivers coming in. The merry go round of often shitty oline certainly didn't help his confidence. The younger WRs sometimes ran wrong or poor routes, and had way too many cases of the dropsies. No, Cam will never be the top QB in the league, and I fear our coaching staff isn't remotely trying to correct anything about him, but he had his moments. Early on he was a big part of us winning our few early games and had at least one game where he was pretty damned solid - even Collin was amazed by his play. So I am cautiously hopeful that next year will see a little more consistent Cam provided he gets full participation with his receivers throughout camp etc.

5. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

He looked really good from the pocket at first as I remember it.

6. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

I can tell you`re a glass half full type of person.
    If he hasn`t learned in 3 or 4 years then what makes you think the next year he is going to magically grasp it.
    If we can see bad mechanics then the coaches should be all over it.

7. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

8. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Bolt Up

[​IMG]

9. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Gettleman whacked smitty and paid to do it.

It wouldn't surprise me if he ditched Cam.

Not saying it's a great plan. Saying it would not be too far fetched based on Gettleman.

Has Gettleman signed or re-signed any big contracts?

10. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

I'd just prefer the folks we have improve. Except Bell - he's on my shit list because watching him on the field I just don't think he gives a shit. He stands around so much doing absolutely nothing. And Harper had MANY more dirty plays as a Saint then just that late hit on Smitty and I'd love to know how much bounty money he got through the years. Yes you want to be physical and leave a strong impression on your opponents, but as a pro athlete whose career can end in a flash, you should also be a stand up guy and not play dirty and to injure so Harper lives on my shit list right beside Bell.

I keep hearing the coaches say play to Cam's strengths which makes me wonder if they have 1. tried to "fix him" and are unable or 2. just see him as an amazing athlete and are just letting him be him. I am sure they can see his short comings, but are they trying to fix them? failed at fixing them? or think you don't mess with the skills he has? I guess basically it boils down to not having a great deal of trust in our coaches either.