1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

we can't pay cam

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by buck nasty, Jan 11, 2015.

1. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Chud again. I guess I am willing to cut him some slack too, maybe he will get a promotion.

2. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

Had he (and the team) played better, won Sat, won next week and went to the SB (win or lose), a very expensive contract would be looming.

Him not playing so well could result in a lesser payday now. How much? Dunno. How much is he really worth? Shit, Cutler ain't nearly as good and got paid.

He's worth good money because QBs even as good as him (with all his faults) don't come around everyday. There's a shit load of teams with way worse QBs who wish they had a QB anywhere close to him and don't.

Cam's kinda an enigma. With a shitty oline, he can make plays to make up for them with his feet. Though having a shitty oline, it hurts his passing, especially with lesser receivers. If he could fix his mechanics, study up better, he might could be the pocket passer everyone wants with great threat of running as well as getting out of trouble when need be.

But who really thinks he'll get better in that regard? I dunno.

But I'd rather have him and pay him, than a shitload of Clausens for cheap.

I think if we could get a really good safety to replace Harper, one more good/better corner, bolster the Oline and get a really good WR, the team would be way better as a whole. A little better Oline and one more really good WR, with all we have now, would make Cam look elite, I think. But mistakes also hurt everything you work for as well. He has to cut down on those big time.

I don't like the OC. At all. The ST coach needs to be replaced as well.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

They're actually really similar. They were basically the same in 2011, Cam was a little better in 2012, Cutler was better in 2013, and Cam was a little better in 2014.

Cam had a pretty good offensive line and an above average receiving group in 2013. He didn't look anywhere close to elite. We have to accept that he is what he is until he decides he wants to improve, and I'm not sure how much he will improve even if he does put the work in. What you see is pretty much what you get. A better offensive coordinator will make him look better, so that's what the team needs.

4. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

I think, futurewise, Cutler isn't nearly as good as Cam.

I think Cam looked elite a number of times every year. I think a better Oline and better recievers, with consistency and a better OC and he could look elite more in the future.

Like I said, he is an enigma. I've loved him and hated him. Many times both in the same game. I'd say both 50% of the time overall since he's been a Panther. Same with Collins, B-line and Jake. I'd take Cam over any of those guys and most in the NFL now. If I had any choice of any QB, considering age, etc., I'd take Luck for sure.

I wish Cam were really elite and don't know if he'll ever be (think he'll always be on the fence). But he can appear that way at times and can so more consistently with the right personel and coach.

5. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Maybe it's because cam is like 8 years younger than cutler that their outlooks are different. The comp still holds though.

6. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

If that Stanford Sasquach (sp) had come out when he should have this wouldn't have been an issue

7. rake

rake Need one of these

think about this . . .

How much more money is cam (bus cook actually) going to demand than all the other starting panther QBs combined over team history?
    Cams guaranteed money alone will probably exceed the moronic amount that was crammed in Delhommes suitcase.

It would make sense to me if they either traded cam, or came up with a FIRM "reasonable" offer and lost his ass to some other team for the compensation pick(s)

I would be much more concerned about retaining Luke! And yes, I'd bet his contract will exceed what all other starting panther MLBs have been paid too.

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

You can't get higher than a third rounder as compensation, and even that depends on who you signed. They should have traded him when I suggested it, but Cam was always going to get an extension here as long as Richardson is alive.

9. rake

rake Need one of these

how old is jerry now . . . and hows his pig-ticker?

10. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Bolt Up

Cam is getting paid.
    Cam is going to win a Superbowl.
    Cam does not give a damn what you think.

:panthers::panthers::panthers::panthers::panthers::panthers: