1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

WR Opinion

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PantherPaul, Jul 26, 2014.

Which group is better

Poll closed Aug 2, 2014.
  1. This year could be better overall

42.9%
  2. Last years was better

42.9%
  3. Same

14.3%
  1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Yeah that's kind of how I feel. LaFell supposedly is struggling mightily in New England, Hixon is already injured and we'll have to wait on Ginn. Losing Ginn on special Teams is a huge concern but hoping the overall improvement by the return team will help the new returner. As I posted, they could be an overall better group and yes we will see

2. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

"Struggling mightly" is probably a exaggeration. He dropped a few passes during a practice, it was tweeted by a writer up there, and an idiot Panther blogger decided to make it into a story. SEE THERE HE GOES AGAIN!!!1 Meanwhile Underwood was awful throughout OTA's, you think you'd want to cover that if you're going to take shots at former players from the same position group.

3. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Also NE has a really complex playbook that lots of vets have struggled with, coming from a Shula offense it's probably a bit of a shock

4. Black&Black

The news here just a ran a piece about local product Brenton Bersin and called his roster chances "great". I'm glad I don't own a cat, because I would have kicked it the fuck to death after watching that.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  5. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

[​IMG]

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

If we choose to ignore the existence of Steve Smith then the question can be reasonably entertained, although I would argue that even then last year's group is better than this one's. You don't seem to grasp just how awful Jason Avant is. He's utterly worthless. Then people are excited about Cotchery because of N.C. State and the 10 touchdowns last season, but those touchdowns were a total fluke. He had only 7 the previous four seasons combined. Underwood is the one guy I'm happy about because I feel he has a decent chance of competently replacing Ginn as the deep threat, but this is already his fourth team in six years.

It is fair to say that last year's group of wide receivers were average. Unfortunately this year's group of wide receivers is without question the absolute worst in the NFL. The only reason I'm not furious about it is that Shula and the terrible offensive line already made our receivers look worse than they are last season, and the offensive line implausibly got substantially worse.

7. Black&Black

8. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

9. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

Setting aside Smitty, why didn't they keep Ginn? Field position seems more important then ever now and it sounds like new returners suck. Certainly WAY early in practice to give up, but when the coach is already talking about looking outside the org, makes letting everyone walk look even worse.

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

Arizona gave Ginn a lot of money, more than LaFell got from New England.