1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

4A Piedmont Triad Conference

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Tickle, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Tickle

Tickle Junior Member

With so many good pitchers in this conference going into 2014, how does everyone see the standings? What players for each team will be impact players and what players need to step up and produce?

2. throw 90

throw 90 Full Access Member

Pitchers

Some of the pitchers and probably the best pitcher has transferred out of the conference! A few other good players have left also.

3. catcoach

catcoach Full Access Member

To be the best - truly the best - you have to be willing to go out there any day, any time to help your team. Not just as your dad states you will or won't. There is more to being"the best" than just physical ability.

And, by the way, games will still get played - pretty well probably...

4. NCBlue15

NCBlue15 Full Access Member

?

No clue what that means catcoach, but then again I know little about the Piedmont Triad conference.

5. throw 90

Pitchers

Hansen Butler is pretty good. At least that's what the pro guys say! Don't think he is still in the conference.

6. WB22

WB22 Full Access Member

If he chooses not to go pro it will be interesting to see him at UNC given how they used their pitchers this past post season.

7. catcoach

Mr 90 knew what I was speaking to/about, as you can discern from his last post - but note I did NOT name any names. That was his choice. The topic was about possible standings and players IN CONFERENCE, I assume in the upcoming season. He took it in another direction, one I take as negative toward the conference.

I just tire of all this "talent" jumping from place to place and kids celebrated when the evidence is often that they - or parents, or whomever - are selfish and manipulative. (I may hear about making that comment later, but a spade has just been called a spade.)

Simply, 90's comments about the "best" leaving the PT4A were unecessary and only served to stir the pot. Well, I was stirred and have spoken out of being stirred.

PT4A has good programs with good coaches and good players still in it and that should have been the discussion. If people choose to leave, God Bless them. [And I'm not going down the road discussing private school teams vs public. It's pointless - though no one in his right mind would say the competition is anywhere near close on a consistent week-to-week, opponent-to-opponent basis.] But just so 90 will know, one scout already said to me," nobody will trust his numbers when he's striking out a bunch of private school kids that could be 8th and 9th graders in some games." And yes, now the "he" is known - but again, I didn't name anyone...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  8. catcoach

"think"....

Mike, you KNOW he left HPC for HPCA. Again, God bless him; but why all the seeming speculation and inuendo about "thinK". Say what you want to say... but say it somewhere other than on a thread about who will be in PT4A upcoming.

9. throw 90

Attack someone else

We have 4 kids who are committed and 1 more who has offers! So don't attack private schools and say they can't play with anybody in the state. We hit 27 hrs last year as a team with 7 different players. I came here to win state championships. I don't recall saying anything about the piedmont 4a not being a good conference. We lost a player back to the your conference. In fact I've got a few of your players that I give lessons to. I'm tired of you attacking me!!If they want to come and play for us then I'm going to do everything I can to make them better and hit all the home runs they can hit which is every players thing when they go to the plate!!!

10. catcoach

Let em' go. Again, God bless them.
    Just speak about it in another thread.
    This was about "PT4A going into 2014" - scroll up and check it. That was the topic.

As for privates schools playing with anybody, yes a select few can, on select days. But pick any private school and run them through the PT4A (2 games a week vs likes of Ragsdale, Northwest Guilford, Southwest, East Forsyth, HP central) and have them mix in a 3rd game against Reagan, or West Forsyth, or lake Norman, or West Stokes, or Southeast Guilford, etc., then we can talk. Until then, it's apples to grapes.

As for you being attacked, that's your perception.
    My perception is that I don't see any attack - and as you know, I am an expert on being attacked.
    If I had a dollar for every tear my wife has cried for me over the last 8 years after being "chewed" after a game (many of which we won...), behind the dugout or getting off the bus in the parking lot, or called and blessed out at dinner-time after practice, or marched into the principal's office to be berated for 2 hours and 20 minutes by the parent of a kid you work with that can't hit a basketball off a tee on every swing, well, at least 1 of my five kids' college tuition would be well funded.

Sincerely, honestly, thank you for always caring about kids and working hard to make them better. You are genuine in that. You and I just disagree on how to make them better; philosophy differences.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013