1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Averette University VA Prospect Camp

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by 2ndMarDiv, Nov 12, 2014.

1. 2ndMarDiv

2ndMarDiv Junior Member

Has anyone had any experience with Averette University Prospect Camp. I'd welcome any opinion. Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  2. 2ndMarDiv

2ndMarDiv Junior Member

From a fellow member.

Head Coach Ed Fulton... he is from Danville, VA and from what I understand people absolutely love him and his brother. Ed played for FSU in the mid-late 1980's and went to 2 CWS. He played minor league ball for a little while before starting the program at Averette. He is the true definition of a "baseball guy" and I have never met a kid who did not like him.

3. 2ndMarDiv

2ndMarDiv Junior Member

Update on Averette University Baseball Prospect Camp.

My 2017 spent the past weekend at their camp. Coach Fulton and his staff are outstanding baseball people and very personable. I was very impressed, the camp was well run and very professional. There were 31 campers and 4-5 coaches from surrounding colleges and one pro scout in attendance. The experience gained by my son alone was worth the money. Great way to get exposure. Will be back next year for sure.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014