1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone still use BESR Bats?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by xpectus6, Jan 10, 2012.

1. xpectus6

xpectus6 Full Access Member

Are all age groups switching to BBCOR this year, or is it just high school level and above that have switched? I currently have a still-in-the-wrapper, non-composite, 32in/23oz yellow stealth and I was curious if it still had any value or if it is as worthless as all my *gently used* high school bats.

*gently used* because I'm pitcher

2. GoldGlove7

GoldGlove7 Member

BESR bats

I know all high school kids have to have BBCORs. CMS just issued new rules and all bats 31' and up have to be BBCOR. But 30' and below can swing the 2 and 1/4" barrel (little league bats). USSSA may still allow BESRs but pretty much everyone now needs a BBCOR. If you need any clarifications on anything, go ask the employees at Grand Slam. They can help you with most anything.

3. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Don't let xpectus fool you. I think he hit a homerun at Grace Christian Academy in Sanford. From what I hear, it cleared the infield and kept going and going..

4. aguyyouknow

aguyyouknow Yogi Fan

Grand Slam

Thats true. Grand Slam in Matthews is owned by Pete Snell. They truly are the best equipment source I know of. They have all the new bbcor bats and can answer any questions. They will also let you demo/hit with them to decide which one you want. They carry Louisville, Easton, Rawlings and Dimarini. 704.847.5333

I don't have a financial interest in this. Just trying to help.

5. Low & Slow

Low & Slow Full Access Member

The market for high end bats in good condition was very strong on eBay for many years. The rule change to BBCOR just killed the market for non-BBCOR and millions of used bats went from being worth $100 to $150 (depending on condition) to worthless (in terms of resale).

6. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

High school homer totals should plummet this year with the BBCOR rule starting up, but I'm hearing the 2nd generation BBCOR's in college have a little more pop in them.

7. texasleaguer

texasleaguer Full Access Member

I'll say it again...

The game just got a little more fair for the pitchers and that's a good thing!

8. xpectus6

xpectus6 Full Access Member

Alright, thank you for the responses.

Unrelated to my topic, but I would like to say that I think although the offensive totals in high school will decrease, the number of quality hitters coming out of high school will increase because any hitter that wants to be good will have to put in twice the effort just to come close to the numbers they'd put up with a BESR. Fewer home runs, lower team batting averages, but the best kids won't be affected too much, as they were already hitting everything with the sweet spot.

9. 1down22go

1down22go Full Access Member

With your son on the mound, the hitters need all of the advantages they can get!! I say give'em a fourth strike.

10. Post15fan

Post15fan Full Access Member

CMS BBCOR link?

Do you have a link to the CMS rule? thanks.