1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

I-Meck Predictions

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Falcons15, Nov 29, 2010.

I-Meck Champions

1. Hopewell

14.5%
  2. Mooresville

14.5%
  3. Lake Norman

4.8%
  4. Mallard Creek

33.9%
  5. North Meck

1.6%
  6. Hough

19.4%
  7. Vance

11.3%
  8. West Charlotte

1.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Falcons15

Falcons15 Full Access Member

What are everyones predictions for the upcoming I-Meck conference?

2. bbrksfan

bbrksfan Full Access Member

Mooresville
    Lake Norman
    Mallard Creek
    Hopewell
    Hough
    North Meck
    Vance
    West Charlotte

SWAG!

3. Falcons15

Falcons15 Full Access Member

Mooresville

Mooresville graduated 7 senior last year, Billy Nantz, Hunter Nanney, Wes Dumford, Chris Elliot, Chris Bonaventure, Jacob Mays, and Tanner Cassady. Wes Dumford was Mooresville's #1 pitcher last year and Billy Nantz and Jacob Mays were good offensive contributors.
    However, Mooresville will have 12 seniors on this years team, Jake Beaver, Keith Little, AJ Nelson, Josh Holcomb, Caleb Raper, Kyle Phillips, Jimmy McElhany, Josh Skidmore, Stephen Calhoun, Bradley Miller, Chase Burford, and Kyle Altizer.
    Mooresville offense will be led by Josh Skidmore, Jake Beaver, Josh Holcomb, Caleb Raper, and Jimmy McElhany. Keith Little, AJ Nelson, Ryan Brennan, and Kyle Altizer will all see a lot of innings, as well as Bradley Miller, Stephen Calhoun, and Andrew Meadows.
    This team should be great defensively, Raper behind the plate, Holcomb at third, Skidmore at short, Cobb at second, and Beaver at first. Kyle Phillips, Jimmy McElhany, and Ryan Brennan will be the most likely three in the outfield.

The I-Meck Conference should be very tough once again this season, the top 5 could beat up on each other all season long.

4. DirtyMoBaseball

DirtyMoBaseball Full Access Member

I agree that Mooresville will be talented this year. They have a solid offense, defense, and respectable pitching. The one thing I think they are missing is a shutdown pitcher. The staff is deep, and they throw strikes, and will be solid, but they haven't had that complete shutdown guy since 08 whrn Aubrey Meadows towed the rubber. Keith Little and company will need their "A" game almost every night in a very tough and evenly matched I-Meck. Any of the top 4 could come out the winner.

5. Play Ball

Play Ball Full Access Member

It probably could be any of the top 5. And...that top 5 could easily end up in any order.

6. infieldfly

infieldfly Full Access Member

We are very surprised at the heavy Mallard Creek voting............

Is the heavy voting because many MC folks are TBR folks or does MC have a potentially strong team. If a strong team, what is their strength?

iff

7. DirtyMoBaseball

MC has alot of speed. Harbison, Wilkerson and Hill can fly. Boles should be tough on the hill, but they will need depth. They will hit, and theit defense will be strong, but it will all go back to pitching and schedule. If the conf schedule allows Boles to get the majority of the tough innings they will do fine.

8. weyco2000

weyco2000 Full Access Member

Lewis and Hill, 2 studs for sure. Boles and Hillman are solid players, from the old "Clash" team, a USSSA team sponsored by Mallard Creek Optimist Club.

9. Iwentmooresville 08'

Iwentmooresville 08' Junior Member

Mooresville

I think Mooresville is really solid this year, but what about the other seniors that can make the team beside the ones from last year can make this team get over the hump.

10. DirtyMoBaseball

There is no way to tell who you are talking about since tryouts have not been held, so no-one knows if any seniors not on the team will try out.