1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

I-Meck Predictions

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Falcons15, Nov 29, 2010.

I-Meck Champions

1. Hopewell

14.5%
  2. Mooresville

14.5%
  3. Lake Norman

4.8%
  4. Mallard Creek

33.9%
  5. North Meck

1.6%
  6. Hough

19.4%
  7. Vance

11.3%
  8. West Charlotte

1.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Iwentmooresville 08'

Iwentmooresville 08' Junior Member

Mooresville

Well how can we assume that all these seniors are going to make the team this year? Rumor is that Kyle Altizer has had elbow and arm issues so how will he perform and one of the pitchers had a 9 ERA from what I heard from some of the juniors last year, there is some good seniors who showed up and didn't make the team.

2. Falcons15

Falcons15 Full Access Member

Some of the pitchers may have had high ERA's but these were also inexperienced varsity pitchers. Since legion, fall ball, and off season workouts these "throwers" have developed into pitchers. Mooresville will have something like 12 returning seniors off of last years team. I cannot think of any that are not deserving.

3. Iwentmooresville 08'

Mooresville

Well we will see there is some good talent out there who wasn't on the team last year when I went out to bench warmers.

4. baseball5

baseball5 Full Access Member

Kyle Altizer

How is Kyle throwing now. Son played with him a few years ago, and I thought he threw really well then. I know he had trouble making the team in his first two years which I thought he should of made, so he must be doing well now.

5. Blue-is-True

Blue-is-True Full Access Member

Who has the best pitching?

Which team has the best 3-man starting rotation? That's where I would put my money...

6. Iwentmooresville 08'

Mooresville

There is no doubt Kyle can throw the ball,his off speed pitches are as disgusting as anyone's on the team. Kyle deserved to make the team since his freshman year. I just hope his injury holds up so he can play. Thats a good question for the starting 3. I guess Mooresville would be Little and Altizer the only thing I see killing Mooresville is no one being that shut out pitcher. Wes was there last year I don't who can do it this year. I hope Little can become that this year

7. infieldfly

infieldfly Full Access Member

Mooresville pitchers........

I agree with your analysis and hope we can find an adequate #3.
    Spahn, Sain and rain might work too.

Perhaps the other conference teams are in the same boat which could make it interesting.

iff

8. Falcons15

Falcons15 Full Access Member

The Nelson boy from Mooresville throws the ball very well. He has committed to play college baseball already. Mooresville will have pretty decent pitching with Little, Nelson, Altizer, as well and Ryan Brennan. Nelson suffered arm problems last year and did not see much time on the mound but was dominant on JV the year before

9. withGod'shelp

withGod'shelp Junior Member

Mooresville pitching

What school has the Nelson boy committed to and is he now a senior? Do you know if he plays every day or is mainly a pitcher?

10. PutMeInCoach

PutMeInCoach I Love This Game

Mooresville Pitching

With no disrespect to Kyle, I would hope he is not a starting pitcher. His role is a closer just like on Sr Legion last year where he was lights out. IMO that is where I would use him so he gets innings every game not just 1 game per week. Little will be a starter and probably Brennan. Middle Innings Miller, Calhoun, Meadows, Bagwell, Nelson. If starters can get to 5th inning they will be fine. Defensively they are as good as it gets. Hitting will carry on from last year. They will be pretty darn good.