1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

I-Meck Predictions

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Falcons15, Nov 29, 2010.

I-Meck Champions

1. Hopewell

14.5%
  2. Mooresville

14.5%
  3. Lake Norman

4.8%
  4. Mallard Creek

33.9%
  5. North Meck

1.6%
  6. Hough

19.4%
  7. Vance

11.3%
  8. West Charlotte

1.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Falcons15

Falcons15 Full Access Member

Nelson

Nelson has committed to The College of St. Scholastica up in Minnesota. A nationally ranked D3 program. He does not play any other position. Only a pitcher from what I have seen.

2. DirtyMoBaseball

DirtyMoBaseball Full Access Member

Could be interesting to see the final product on the field at Mooresville. Raper will catch, Beaver at 1b, Cobb-Holcumb-McElhany at 2b or 3b Skidmore at ss, Cobb-McElhany-Meadows lf, Phillips cf, Brennan rf/p. Meadow will play rf when Brennan pitches. Holcomb will dh at minimum. Little and Brennan starting p, Calhoun-Miller-Meadows in middle relief and Altizer will close when he is 100%. There is not a dominate pitcher, but all are very solid and have completely different styles which could pose problems for opposing hitters. I am excited for their chances for competing for a league championship. As for Mooresville 08's question, I have asked alot of people close to the program and no-one could think of a cut player that could take an existing players place, but tryouts are fast approaching, and if they have been working hard since last year it could happen. If they can strengthen the team I am sure the coaches will see it and they will step in. If it helps the team I am all for it.

3. cheapseats

cheapseats Junior Member

I agree that Mooresville will be tough this season. However, I am not convinced that the line up is in stone the way you have it. They have players that are capable of playing multiple positions and could be swapped around for offensive or defensive reasons. Looking forward to the season.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  4. DirtyMoBaseball

DirtyMoBaseball Full Access Member

Now that the Imeck is up to 8 teams, they will be having theit 1st conf tournament May 6 thru 9. Finishing 1st or 2nd should make the road a lot easier since 1 thru 5 seem to be very solid this year. The 3 v 6 and 4 v 5 games should be very evenly matched. Wont be able to hold out your ace or you stand a good chance of going home early.

5. Iwentmooresville 08'

Iwentmooresville 08' Junior Member

Well when I played I seen some boys make fools of themselves when trying out and make it, Mooresville is as good as it gets, its gonna be close this year though with Mallard Creek. They have power and speed a deadly combination.

6. NMViking23

NMViking23 Junior Member

I had to place a vote in for the Vikes, but really believe we may have been hurt too much with the opening of Hough to be a serious threat, but with the new coach, whom a lot of our boys played for during Legion ball, I believe it will be a very relaxed and fun team, which can cause problems for a lot of teams coming in with high expactions.

That said, I know Hough will be young, but they will beat some good teams this year. I believe if Hopewell can find that second/third pitcher, I would not count them out if they can find consistent offense to go along with Conley and Russell.

I really believe it will come down to the deepest in pitching depth and should be another very competitive year. Could be wrong, but I see it being a 4 to 5 team race, just like last year....should be fun.

7. Diamond Rat

Diamond Rat Full Access Member

I saw a lot of talent at Benchwarmers, myself. However, watching some of the kids who really impressed me inside, didn't make near of an impression outside. Benchwarmers is a controlled atmosphere. There isn't much throwing done and the situation is too controlled to go off of that alone. I've seen kids throw bullets to first and make diving back hand stops inside of CBC/On Deck and can't even tie their own shoes on the dirt. It's too early to tell considering Mooresville has only had one day of tryouts. As far as I can see, it's a tough road for any Senior that hasn't made the team in the past. There are 12 returning Seniors from last year, that leaves eight spots; most of those spots are assumed to Juniors who will contribute on day one (Cobb, Meadows, Brennan), not to mention there are a few JV pitchers that are going to see Varsity time (Bagwell, Powell). Assuming those JV pitchers stay down, that only leaves 5 spots on the table. 3 if they do come up. Mooresville, though full of utility players, are thin in a few positions. If the senior in question plays one of those positions, you may see him bleeding blue and white this coming year.

Not to offend anyone, but I, personally, don't see any new faces in the Blue and White this year on varsity that hasn't worn the jersey before from what I saw.

8. Iwentmooresville 08'

Iwentmooresville 08' Junior Member

I'm with Viking 23 its gonna be a 4-5 team race and im excited to watch!!!!:pepper:

9. 3-Up-3-Down

3-Up-3-Down Junior Member

I agree that they are good at pitching, but I remember last year watching a recreation baseball game that Kyle and Nelson both pitched in. Although they threw it right by most the kids that never played ball before, there were a few that hit them no problem and never made the team. As well as there were a few pitchers that had no problem striking them out.....

10. Diamond Rat

Diamond Rat Full Access Member

Having had personally gone to some of the games, and seeing what they are both capable of, as well as hearing them talk, it's apparent to me that they didn't take recreational ball for anything more than it's worth: recreation.

AJ struggled last year with arm trouble and trying to develop another pitch. Kyle Altizer had a sub 2 ERA in Legion ball. Neither one of them hit in high school or legion.

I guess I'm missing your point.