1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

I-Meck Predictions

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Falcons15, Nov 29, 2010.

I-Meck Champions

1. Hopewell

14.5%
  2. Mooresville

14.5%
  3. Lake Norman

4.8%
  4. Mallard Creek

33.9%
  5. North Meck

1.6%
  6. Hough

19.4%
  7. Vance

11.3%
  8. West Charlotte

1.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 3-Up-3-Down

3-Up-3-Down Junior Member

My point being Mooresville doesn't have that great of pitching and should look for more help.

2. Iwentmooresville 08'

Iwentmooresville 08' Junior Member

I don't understand why legion players played recreation baseball just to screw around. Kids have gotten hurt and couldn't play because they played in recreational baseball. When I played none of us did that or kids before never did either. No disrespect to them, but just playing to screw around isn't what the game is about. Diamond Rat is right about Kyle throwing a sub 2 ERA in legion and deserves to be on the team.

3. Diamond Rat

Diamond Rat Full Access Member

It's no different than showcase players who have already signed who come back to finally play with no pressure. Many of the athletes who have not started on a high school team or a showcase team don't understand some of the pressures that come with it. You're watched closer in the classroom, on the field, and in the public. High school athletes eat, sleep, and breath the sport they play. When you want to win it becomes quite stressful...even when you are being successful. It's nice to play recreational ball to say on the field and around the game without the added pressures.

4. Falcons15

Falcons15 Full Access Member

I would imagine they played to have fun?, They are pitcher only and probably wanted to play the field and hit for the summer while they weren't playing legion. Needless to say Altizer has gotten some looks from colleges and Nelson has already committed, No disrespect, but I think they are doing okay.

5. Diamond Rat

I believe Mooresville already has what it takes on the bump to make a run. We have the tools to do so. It just depends on who steps up. I would think it more fair to say Mooresville needs to develop the talent they have rather than look for more talent. From what I saw and heard with pitchers yesterday, the pitchers already listed in this forum are what we have to work with. There's a lot to work with potential wise. It's going to all depend on who steps up and answers the call.

6. Iwentmooresville 08'

Iwentmooresville 08' Junior Member

Your absolutely correct diamond rat about having that desire to win and such, but when high school players are messing around and can really careless if they can win, that's a problem. That's when players can get hurt and then mess up their whole entire season.

7. Diamond Rat

I don't think you're catching my point. I do not know who you are so I do not know what level of baseball or what competition you have played at. Being a high school athlete (more specifically: baseball player) as well as a showcase player, there's a lot of under the table pressure. It's nice to get out there and play the game for fun. I don't think you can slam a player for playing recreational ball for what it's for: recreation.

8. ncaarules

ncaarules Junior Member

I was not aware that practice started yesterday. anybody know how things looked at Hopewell and/or Mallard Creek yesterday?
    I believe when these two play each other it will be exciting. Conference champion might emerge.

9. Diamond Rat

I apologize. I must not have been clear with that. Tryouts started yesterday and run through Wednesday.

10. Diamond Rat

Especially considering the D3 college Nelson committed is nationally ranked. The colleges looking at Alitzer aren't too shabby either.

And I know a lot of pitchers who play showcase ball and do that. Pitchers love the game just like we do. Ever seen a pitcher's face when you tell him he's aloud to hit? Priceless. If I was a PO (pitcher only) I'd be doing the same thing!