1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Mooresville - HS, Legion, Collegiate?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by rambling thoughts, Jun 18, 2014.

1. rambling thoughts

rambling thoughts Member

Just trying to figure something out. Where do these teams play at? Mooresville HS, Post 66, and the Mooresville All Americans Collegiate League team?

I looked at a Google Earth image of the high school and saw what looked to be a baseball field/football practice field at the high school. Infield looked o.k. but I couldn't see that the field had a fence...

Is this the high school's field and who else plays there? If so, is there an outfield fence?

2. LKN Baseball

LKN Baseball Junior Member

Field info

Mooresville HS plays at Mooresville High School...nice field. Yep there is a fence.

Post 66 plays at Lake Norman High School...nice field and there is a fence there too.

No idea about the All Americans. I think they played at Lake Norman one year but don't now...so not sure.

3. rambling thoughts

rambling thoughts Member

Just found a video online that shows the fence in RF with a blue tarp on it.

How deep is center field? If the fence tracks the path of the entire field, it would be around 450 ft. I'm guessing the fence shortens that distance?

4. LKN Baseball

LKN Baseball Junior Member

Field distance

Not sure about which field you are referring to. Neither field is extremely small.

Lake Norman...post 66 field has blue mesh on the fence. It is about 360 to center and 320 or so down the lines but plays very large for a high school field.

5. rambling thoughts

rambling thoughts Member

The field is at Mooresville High School. Here is a video which shows the field and you can't really see a fence in RF, there's a short boundary fence in CF, and maybe a 4ft fence in left.
    Ryan Brennan's Baseball Recruiting Profile

In this video, you can clearly see a blue tarp covering a fence in RF
    Zach Richardson's Baseball Recruiting Profile

The first video was from 2011 and the second was from 2013 so, I must have seen an old image which caused the confusion on my part.

6. Spartan23Fan

Spartan23Fan Full Access Member

Mooresville Collegiate

The Mooresville team is now called the Spinners and play at Moor Park

7. rambling thoughts

rambling thoughts Member

There's actually two. The Spinners of the Carolina Virginia league, and the All Americans from the All American Collegiate Baseball league. I'm pretty sure the Spinners play at the new park while the All Americans play at the high school.