1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Pineville Legion Coach Randy Rummage---Q&A

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Jul 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tj21

tj21 Moderator

PTBaseball,,,,, a $15,000 team budget may sound like its a lot, but it sure goes fast. And remember, you can always cut corners as much as you wish,,, but we've tried to make it where the players have as much as possible without them paying a single dime themselves. In our case, we have tremendous local business support who provide sponsorship ads,,, we then take what we get from the gates and concessions to pay the rest. We don't charge our players anything...

Field expenses (chalk, light bill, etc), equipment expenses (don't even want to talk about new uniforms), coach's salaries, home team pays for umpires ($75 x 2 each home game),,, and the real biggie TRAVEL... The cost for a team bus can run anywhere from $300-$600 per trip. Go figure about 15 away games at $500 a pop...

You gotta have good baseball people who love it, in order for a program like this to do well,,, and it helps to have some folks with a little business sense too. The bigger legion communities (Rowan, Caldwell, Shelby, Cherryville) have enormous community and financial backing...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2005
  2. SUMO

SUMO Full Access Member

YOU SHOULD NOT BE TALKIN DOWN

to other people who just asked a question there tj. It sounds like he has stepped on some toes. So if you know so dog gone much about running a legion team why dont you explain the dollar figure you come up with there pal! If small counties such as gaston can have three legiion teams I do not see why the Meck area should not have atleast five or six like Trock said there is a million people down there surely if given the chance you would have enough to pull a team together keep firing trock it seems you have hit a sore spot / :imagestor :94poopban :bsflag:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2005
  3. Post337Fan

Post337Fan AL Post 337 Fan

I think that it has been mentioned before but here it goes again...a very BIG majority of Meck players choose to pay and play on traveling teams as opposed to legion baseball teams. The MegaStars, On Deck, Carolina Hurricanes, S. Charlotte Panthers have traveling baseball teams and some have 2 teams in each of their organizations paying to play travel baseball. Even if more legion baseball teams were formed, a lot of the legion baseball teams would have a hard time finding quality baseball players to play on their team since so many Meck baseball players choose to pay to play travel baseball for the exposure that comes from the college coaches that attend the summer showcase baseball events. Mind you, I'm not saying that it is better to pay to play baseball on the summer traveling baseball teams but, again, just a fact that a very BIG majority of Meck players choose to pay to play?!?

4. tj21

tj21 Moderator

PTBaseball, I apologize if I sounded like "I was talking down" to you. I was simply trying to answer Trock's repeated question as to why Meck Co only has 4 legion teams. There are COSTS involved in running a team.

And Sumo,,,, you are the one who said "since I know so much",,, but yet you want me to explain my dollar figure??? ok, thats a good one...

Look guys,,, I don't really care how many teams Meck Co has. This situation has nothing (ZERO) to do with me and my situation. I'm going to bow out now and let you guys step on whoever's toes your trying to step on...

Btw,,, Coach Rummage,,, you've done a wonderful job. Stay in touch...

Last edited: Jul 26, 2005
  5. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

I'll say it TJ.... If ya get off your @$$ and knock on doors stop B!TCHIN and raise some money , you can have your own American Legion Team.. Thats how its done in Kannapolis , Concord , South Rowan , Rowan , Stanly, and most likely all the other AL teams.
    a 45 day span in american legion baseball will cost as much if not more than an AAU team playing year round and traveling to a national championship.
    And i dont have anything to do with Charlotte Leagion teams either.

BTW... i know more than people give me credit for...so they can call me a know it all... the shoe really does fit...so i wear it proudly...
    anyone for some puddin???

It's still my job to piss people off...

Last edited: Jul 26, 2005
  6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Thanks for the questions guys...and tj, thank you for filling in some of the gaps. Coach Rummage did not want this thread to turn into an argument or mudslinging. I thank Coach Rummage for taking the time to answer some of our questions and he tried to answer them factually and not give an opinion.

I'll close this thread as it has served it's purpose.

7. hotbox

hotbox Full Access Member

Post 337 Fan Pay to Play

The South Charlotte Panthers travel team is fully sponsored. Players do not pay towards playing for or traveling with this program. I would not expect you to know this yet I would ask you check your facts before including teams in general comments.

8. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

If this was aimed at my comment.. i never said any individual had to pay.. As Matter of fact i just noticed a check was cashed from a donation I made to the SCP baseball team.

9. SUMO

SUMO Full Access Member

Republican

tj you must be since you know so much but fail to explain................ just be defensive if you dont know .....huh.... :imagestor

10. tj21

tj21 Moderator

sumo,,,,, I must be "WHAT" ??? Sorry pal, but you have completely lost me. Didn't realize I was being defensive about anything... Sorry.

***However, P.S. To IntimidatorCoach,,,, since this man said "I know so much",,, I think you need to send me one of your donation checks... :satana:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.