1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Scoring Professional Games

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by mincmi, Feb 1, 2016.

1. mincmi

mincmi Moderator

I have an opening on my team for a scorer. I work for a company called Baseball Info Solutions and this opening is in Charlotte scoring the Charlotte Knights' games.

This is not a typical scorebook. You will need to show proficiencies in tracking pitches, pickoffs, catcher blocks, PB, WP, steals, scoring of all plays, i.e. 6-4-3, extra credit for superior defensive plays, errors, swings, fouls, bunts, batted balls, hit trajectory, hit velocity, wall balls, runner advancements, WP, LP, and Saves accurately. We are not the official scorer. You are tasked to match the official scorer on a questionable play or write an explanation on why you did not score that play to match.

This information is then entered into proprietary software and uploaded in a timely manner without errors. You must have a computer that can run the software. It runs on Windows only. Each game is then reviewed by management at the home office in PA.

You must show proficiencies on a test game before being hired.

A scorer will sign up for what games they would be available to score each month. You can not miss a game you are assigned and can not be late. You are responsible for finding replacement within the team if you need to a schedule change after being assigned a game. There are two scorers assigned to each game. A typical scorer will be assigned about 30 games a year which is about 6 games a month depending on the Knights schedule that month.

A scorer earns $30/game for each game judged good. There is a bonus for scoring accuracy at the end of the season. Two poor games and you will not be assigned any further games. A game ticket is provided for each game you are assigned.

If you are interested, please send me a PM. I need to fill this position rather quickly.