1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

College coach needed to coach travel ball team

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by cheeze105, Jan 21, 2008.

1. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

Need a college coach or assistant to help coach an 18u established travel ball team located in the charlotte area. This is a very talented team. This is a head coaching position, with the assist. coaches doing all scheduling, getting kids to practice, equipment issues, admin issues, etc. All you have to do is coach. Paid position from june-november.

Contact me and i will forward your number.

2. softball4ever1987

softball4ever1987 Proud Mama

Somebody is serious...

Someone is serious about winning some games this summer! LOL

3. chachacha

chachacha Full Access Member

The NCAA has really started cracking down on this. D1s and DIIs will probably not be able to do it and they have made some changes concerning DIIIs. Good luck in your search.

4. WndMillR

WndMillR Full Access Member

50 mile rule....

All players must live with 50 miles of the school...

They will verify the domicile and gps the distance.

Good luck with it

5. Abbey fan

Abbey fan Full Access Member

OH

I thought it had changed to 100 miles.

6. WndMillR

Nope.....

Rule 13.11.2.3 Local Sports Clubs...

13.11.2.3 Local Sports Clubs. An institution’s coach may be involved in any capacity (e.g., as a participant, administrator or in instructional or coaching activities) in the same sport for a local sports club or organization located in the institution’s home community, provided all prospective student-athletes participating in said activities
    are legal residents of the area (within a 50-mile radius of the institution). The 50-mile radius restriction shall not apply to prospective student-athletes who reside beyond the 50-mile radius of the institution if the local sports club is the nearest club team to the prospective student-athlete’s home. Further, in club teams involving multiple
    teams or multiple sports, the 50-mile radius is applicable only to the team with which the institution’s coach is involved; however, it is not permissible for the coach to assign a prospective student-athlete who lives outside the 50-mile area to another coach of the club. A coach also may be involved in activities with individuals who are not of prospective student-athlete age (i.e., before the ninth grade), regardless of where such individuals reside. (Revised:1/10/90, 1/16/93, 1/9/06)

7. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

thanks Coach Dobbins for clearing that up. this is a great team looking for someone to take them to the next level. my understanding is that they have mostly been together for the last four years. this is an excellent challange for a college coach to bring out the best in these girls, and they're all local as well.

8. WndMillR

Been there, Got the T-Shirt

I am obviously a big fan of this....
    I did it from 1999-2005....

The text I copied and displayed on the above thread is out of the
    Div 3 handbook....

Not sure how D1 and D2 handle.

Make sure you are under 50 miles....Success will bring scrutiny...

Don't get your hand slapped....it can effect both the coach and the player..

9. Abbey fan

Abbey fan Full Access Member

Charlie

As always, thanks for the insite! Good advise as well for the team. I will check the rule book because I thought D-11 had been uped to 100 mile but have been wrong before!

***Checked and if U are offering something a kid can not get locally, such as Gold team, (example but need to check with NCAA) then U maybe able to get around the 50 mile radius and go to 100 mile radius or maybe more. Other wise Charlie is absolutely correct, it is 50 miles!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  10. Bmac1

Bmac1 Full Access Member

Why not look for a grad assistant? You know they could use the $$ and the experience in dealing with players and parents would be very helpful.

I wonder if the same distance rules apply to a GA?