1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Easton Synergy's now banned

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by CardCoach2, Jan 22, 2016.

1. CardCoach2

CardCoach2 Full Access Member

Don't know if this is an ASA move or an Easton move but looks like the the Synergy's are now gone.
    I got this today.

The Amateur Softball Association of America (ASA)/USA Softball, the National Governing Body of Softball in the United States, in working with Easton Baseball/Softball Inc. (Easton), announced today that Easton is voluntarily removing the following softball bat models from the ASA/USA list of certified bats: SCN1, SCN11BH, SCN1B, SCN2B, SCN3, SCN4B, SCN5, SCN5B, SCN6B, SCN7, SCN7B, SCN8, SCN8B, SCN9, SCX14, SCX14B, SCX24B, AND SCX3.

Other organizations that currently use ASA’s bat performance standards such as the NCAA, NFHS, NAIA, NJCAA may restrict such bats from play in 2016 and beyond.

2. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

thanks for the update coach

3. WndMillR

WndMillR Full Access Member

Rick

Per the NCAA Banned Bat List, these are the only LEGAL Stealth bats by Easton
    This is from the Dec 2015 bat list update

SCN5 composite Stealth Comp CNT orange taper/gray barrel gray/orange/black

SCN7B composite CNT Stealth Comp (-9) purple taper/black barrel gray/purple

SP12ST98 composite Stealth 98 black grey/neon yellow

SP12SV98 composite Salvo Comp 98 silver orange/black

SP12SY98 composite Synergy 98 gray grey/neon yellow

SP12SY98H composite Synergy 98 Helmer gray red/black

If your Stealth is not listed above, it is banned per NCAA competition
    The last 4 are slow pitch bats, but are legal per NCAA

Your list shows the SCN5 and the SCN7B
    They are still legal in NCAA competition

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  4. jsherrill

jsherrill Full Access Member

I've called Easton twice and they are supposed to return my call but haven't. Any idea if they are going to have a return policy sent up if you own one of the bats now banned?

5. WndMillR

WndMillR Full Access Member

Based on how all manufacturers handle banned bats on the NCAA list, there has been no return policy to the collegiate programs.
    Most bats carry a 1 year warranty, and these are all over that time period.

6. CardCoach2

CardCoach2 Full Access Member

Business decision

I guess, based on what I received from ASA after questioning it. Here is what I got from ASA:
    My question:
    "Are these bats now banned? There are a lot of kids around here are still hitting them."

ASA's answer:
    "Yes, the models listed below are no longer allowed in ASA Championship play. As the NGB, it is our responsibility to continue our efforts in being a steward for our game. When discussing products with manufacturers, one company made a decision that it was an appropriate time to take some of the older bats off the approved list, so in a joint effort with the ASA/USA Softball this effort was completed."

So with that said, it was all about business, as with most aspects of our "sport" ant other sports these days!
    In my opinion, this is like having a 69 Z28 Camaro and being told it won't be allowed on the road anymore just because of it's age.
    This is about selling bats. I would recommend when you purchase, look at another brand of bat.
    It's all about revenue!!!!

7. mnmneohio

mnmneohio Junior Member

ATTENTION ALL BANNED SYNERGY OWNERS

ATTENTION BANNED EASTON BAT USERS: After a live chat with EASTON, I could not get a straight answer as to why several Easton bats were "voluntarily" removed from the ASA list in January of 2016. I was offered a 50% off coupon for a new bat if I sent my DD's old bat in to Easton. I declined the offer and did more research. http://www.asasoftball.com/iowa/pdfs/03_Updated_FAQs.pdf. This link is to ASA FAQ's regarding bat certification. After reading this document, I discovered that if a bat is removed from the approved list, the manufacturer, by contract with ASA, has two options, 1. recertify your bat, or 2. issue a recall for all of the bats. Armed with this information I called Easton back. During this call, I was finally told that the reason the bats were removed was to reduce the number of Easton bats in circulation that ASA had to keep testing for compliance. Citing the ASA contract with bat manufacturers, I asked the customer service rep what Easton was going to do about the situation. He said that Easton was definitely not going to recertify, and I was again offered the 50% off deal. I pressed more because that did not sound like a recall to me. He finally conceded that Easton was required to replace the bat with a "like model". I'm not sure, but to do the exchange you need to be the original owner of the bat your turning in. However, even if you are not the original owner, they may still offer the 50% deal.
    Good luck and spread the word on this.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  8. jsherrill

I got these back Friday for 5 scn1bs with not much arguing at all. not the bat i wanted but better than nothing.

Attached Files:

• bats.pdf
      File size:
      117.4 KB
      Views:
  9. Hurdle1

Hurdle1 Member

Synergys

Did someone from Easton give you a recall number for the bats or did you just send them to Easton?

10. jsherrill

i called and they gave me a RA #. one # for all 5 bats.