1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Breaking News: Tarheel Football

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by gottalaff, Jul 15, 2010.

1. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

NCAA Investigating UNC Football Program

By Greg Barnes

Posted Jul 15, 2010

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- Inside Carolina has learned that the University of North Carolina’s football program is under investigation by the NCAA.

“I can acknowledge that representatives from the NCAA have been to Chapel Hill to speak with some of our student-athletes,” UNC athletic director Dick Baddour told Inside Carolina on Thursday afternoon.

“One of the things that they instructed us in very clearly is that we are to maintain the confidence of their visit and their review. They’ve requested that we not discuss it publicly. Obviously, we’re going to fully cooperate with the NCAA in every way that we can by making things available to them and in particular by following their instruction on discussing it publicly.”

Inside Carolina's sources indicate that those "student-athletes" include members of the football program.

Baddour could not confirm that the football program is involved, nor could he provide any detail into what the investigation concerns or how long the process would ultimately take to conclude.

Inside Carolina has been able to confirm through its sources that the investigation is not academic-related.

The UNC football program enters the fourth year of Butch Davis's tenure as head coach with lofty expectations for the 2010 season. The Tar Heels are coming off back-to-back 8-5 seasons and will likely be ranked in the preseason top-25 nationally.

Defensive tackle Marvin Austin, defensive end Robert Quinn and linebacker Quan Sturdivant highlight a roster loaded with NFL talent and returning eight All-ACC

2. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

rut row.....

:ack2:

3. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

they started earlier in the week; we'll see what happens

4. outofstate

outofstate Full Access Member

:lmao:

5. Freakshow

Freakshow Fuck you guys.

Uh...how is this a surprise? It's common knowledge that John Blake offers money to recruits.

6. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

Should be interesting....

7. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

slap on the wrist?

8. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

I'm not too sure about that. A little birdy told me this might get big. Real nasty big. I'll have more detail once I get a chance to spend some time with my 'little birdy'...

9. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

Little and Austin received gifts from Balmer; Butch Davis is the one that contacted the NCAA to report it. If that's all it is, that's pretty weak, but it's a violation. Also seems an agent is involved, where you have good talent, you'll have shady agents, UNC needs to get used to it.

10. stickwolf

stickwolf Full Access Member

I for one hope that your "birdy" is right. NOT because its UNC and they think we are over here wacking off at the prospects of them going down at the hands of the NCAA. BUT my reasons are this. For 7 seasons Chuck Amato was called "Slimato" and accusations made towards him and not one ounce of proof. They thumb their noses at the Tennessees, USC's Kentuckys. etc etc etc etc.... EVERYBODY is cheating except the "holier than though Tarheels" HAHAHAHAHA... If this was ANYBODY ELSE in the country that theses allegations were thrown at they would be over there on their high horse. But now their own "damage control" is running full force trying to defend Butchie and Santa and the rest. There used to be a thing in other programs called "institutional control" and the HC was usually held accountable for it. Maybe that only applies at other schools not named UNC I don't know. So I'm just having fun watching the "holier than thous" squirm"... Hope they get the death penalty of SMU proportions. NO FOOTBALL for awhile would give them plenty of off time to police the rest of college football with no distractions. One of their favorite past times. Ya Know EVERYBODY ELSE CHEATS but them HAHAHAHAHAHA. Love IT. Funny as hell.