1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Lower back pain

Discussion in 'Health & Medicine Forum' started by Thelt, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I have pain in my lower back near my waist line. It is focused on one side and sometimes extends down into my hip. It is worse when I try to sleep. It has been this way for about six months. Any thoughts?

I may have to go for an MRI on it soon.

2. blackjackwally

blackjackwally Full Access Member

I was thinking pinched nerve or pulled muscle until saw six months. The pain must not be too severe or you would've already gone to the doctor. It could be the beginning of old age. I'm well on my way with a shoulder and a foot.

3. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

Still could be a strained muscle. That's what I'd put my money on.

4. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I talked to my doctor about it and he put me on predisone. He wants me to come back in a month or so and go for an MRI if the predisone did not work. It did not work.....

The pain is not too severe. I thought it happening because of my weight issues but now that I am down over 30 pounds and it has not changed I think it may be unrelated.

5. imonlyhuman

imonlyhuman Fuck off, I don't care!!!

That is what was happening to me a few years ago. My hips ached during the day and I spent many a sleepless night because it hurt worse when I laid down. I also had pain going down my left leg from the bottom of my butt to my knee. I originally went to the doctor for my hips only to find out I have a bulging disk and my sciatic nerve is being pinched on both sides by bone.
    I have been on all kinds of meds, even them shots they give you in the back. Till this day I still have pain and now in between my big toe and the next toe goes numb on both feet.
    I don't want to scare ya but please don't let the doctor dick you around. Back pain is nothing to sneeze at and it can affect your quality of life.

6. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

My mom told me that she has had problems with her sciatic nerve for years. It is not that bad right now, I would not have gone to the doctor for it if not for the length of time it has lasted. Hopefully I can do some physical therapy or something for it. I have tried doing some stretching but it does not seem to help it.

7. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

if it has not yet progressed into full blown sciatica you do have options, but they require some effort on your part. core strengthening can ease the strain by allowing your spine some relief from having to support your upper body mass all by itself. i've even heard of some people having issues with either their ham strings or quads tightening up on them and enhancing the impingment at the L4 and L5, but that is not as common as poor core strength. a chiropractor may be able to steer you though a med free recovery but you must be willing to stay the course over the long haul. regardless, low back problems plague alot of us, me included. core strength training has helped me alot.

8. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

Old people, lol

9. chipshotx

chipshotx Full Access Member

take pills

10. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

with Jim Beam. That should make the pain go away. It worked for my toothache.