1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

East Coast Black Sox Tryout

Discussion in 'Showcase Baseball' started by CVshowcase14, Nov 22, 2014.

1. CVshowcase14

CVshowcase14 Junior Member

The Staff of East Coast Black Sox are holding a tryout on December 13th at Bandys High School in Catawba, NC.

15-16u 12-2 pm
    17u 3-5 pm

All participating athletes must bring an up to date physical with a proof of insurance. This tryout will be a pro-style tryout with the events being as followed.

- Stretching
    - Throwing
    - 60 yrd dash
    - Outfield
    - Infield
    - Catchers Pop Times
    - BP on field
    - Pitchers throw bullpens

This team is comprised of players from North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, and Tennessee.

All participants will receive an evaluation from one of our coaches on hand at the tryout. You will know within 24 hours if you have made the team and you will be given a contract which will need to be returned within 2 weeks of receiving the contract.

During the tryout one of our staff members will be holding a recruiting seminar for the parents of the potential players. During this seminar Coach Ruiz will discuss things such as the NCAA Clearinghouse, SAT/ACT test and scores, Prospect Camps, Individual Showcases, requirements of D1, D2, D3, JUCO, NCCAA, and USCAA Schools and the differences in scholarships offered at these levels, and our recruiting processes for our players. In 2014 we had 14 seniors and all 14 have received offers or have signed to play college baseball.

I look forward to seeing everyone out at Bandys High School on Saturday, December 13th. If you know of any other interested players please have them email me to give me an idea of the number we will be having at tryouts. [email protected]

Thanks,
    East Coast Black Sox Staff